Thursday, September 8, 2016

Shorts

I.
Good morning! New phone=I got up at 5:00. I got up at 5:00=Amena got up a few minutes after and got in the shower. Amena got in the shower=she took a LONG shower. Amena took a LONG shower=Cedric just got in. Such is life.
New phone=capability to take pictures. Capability to take pictures≠pictures in a blog. At least not yet. The replacement arrived at about 5:17 yesterday afternoon. I had time to get it activated and that’s really about it.

II.
Conversation between two vehicles yesterday:
As an Escalade passes a Jetta because the Jetta slowed down to let a bus continue turning across the road: “Jerk!”
A couple of minutes later: “See, didn’t do you any good to pass me, did it? You got stuck behind a REALLY slow car.”
“Yeah, I know. My driver’s an idiot. Always in a hurry.”
“Hah! My driver doesn’t want to draw any attention to herself because I’ve got this really pretty red R on my windshield.”
“Oh, yeah, that is kind of pretty.”
“She doesn’t drive me much, anyway. She usually drives a white one. She says I shift too easily.”
“I just shift automatically.”
“Yeah. She says that’s boring. I guess I’m turning here; she wants to avoid driving by police headquarters.”
“Oh, yeah. I see. Been nice chatting.”

III.
As you know, I’m not a huge fan of public school. We are currently in the second week of school for this year and already I’ve been subjected to one of the reasons why I don’t like public school EVERY single day.
The bus arrives.
One or two students get off the bus (so far, it’s mostly been two).
One or two students walk up the driveway.
One or two students walk in the house.
One or two students begin:
“Mom, I need this for school.”
“Mom, I need that for school.”
“Mom, don’t forget about this.”
“Mom, I need this.”
“Mom, don’t forget…”
“Mom…”
“Mom…”
“Mom…”

IV.
Yesterday I went up in the attic to go through Daniel’s things because I know that he had a scientific calculator for school. I didn’t find it but I found some other cool things. I discovered that it really is not cool to open boxes if you aren’t prepared to see what is in them. It might not be entirely fair of me, but I found myself wishing that the younger boys were a bit more like Daniel. He didn’t badger. If he needed something, he told me. If I could get it, I did. If I couldn’t, I would as soon as I could.

V.
Today is another day. My eyes itch. The roof of my mouth itches. It never cooled off during the night below about 65° which means it never cooled off since it was only up to about 69° ever. It is humid: 97%. We have a projected high of 83°. Can I just quit?

VI.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment