Monday, September 5, 2016

Fun? Fun!

Time flies when you’re having fun. Is that what I’ve been having since I got home? Constant allergies which translates to runny nose, itchy and sometimes runny eyes, and itchy roof of my mouth. That’s fun? I was so desperate yesterday that I took drugs. I really should know by now that all that will accomplish is a plugged nose and the constant desire to sleep. That’s exactly what happened. The itchiness abated somewhat, but not completely, the nose plugged up so that only occasionally did a small rivulet escape and need attention (which is an interesting experience if nothing else), and the eyes were slightly less prone to excess moisture. Fun.
In other news, there has been too much going on for fun to register. School started last week. That’s fun. Cross country started last week. That’s fun. That is especially fun since Cedric can’t run without a physical. He should have had a physical while I was gone but I was gone. The one from last year expired on the first or second day of school. He’s got an appointment for the 9th (that’s Friday). In the meantime, it appears he can practice IF he has a note from the doctor stating 1) that he has an appointment for a physical on the 9th, and 2) he is capable of running. Thursday we got a note saying he had an appointment. I left a message Friday but am not sure if it resulted in a second note.
Seth and Joseph had a slow introductory period in to school for the year. This week will see the beginnings of more. This year is going to be a bit different from last year. I’m hoping it will be easier for them and for me with our new format which I will not divulge at this time (because I’m having so much fun, you know).
This is what milk production looks like since I've been home. The morning I got back, I milked and got 89.6 ounces. I didn't count that because Zoey hadn't been milked out completely for days. On the 25th, I got a whopping 3.9 ounces. Except for the little (big) glitch where I was seven hours late and the following day when I was an hour late but it was six hours earlier than the previous day, we've seen a steady increase daily to the point where we are almost back up to the solid half gallon. Barring any further glitches, we should be good.

Last week was something of a comedy of errors. For one thing, I got a call Wednesday morning (like 12:30ish am) that someone was in labor and I could head over. I did. Not much happened and around 1 Katie said I could go home and see to the boys. I went home and milked seven hours late, took Seth and Joseph to the library, picked Cedric up from the practice he couldn’t run at, took Amena to work, went with Joseph to scouts, got another call that things were picking up and I could head over. I asked Jonathan Brinker to take Joseph home and went home to get ready to go and then went to pick Amena up. I got a text asking if I could pick up a Dr. Pepper and bag of chips so I ran (literally) across the street to a gas station and got those. After waiting for what seemed like ever, I was about to call Paul and ask him to pick Amena up but she came out. I took her home, was just behind the Brinker’s after dropping Joseph off, and took off.
Around 2:00am Katie made the decision to transport. Ranee and I cleaned up (she did most of the work because she knows where all the stuff goes and I did a lot of watching and carrying out to the car). Then I took Ranee home which was fun in and of itself culminating with being pulled over because the lights for the back license plate were out. At least the trooper said he’d never pull us over again. Can they do that? On the way home I accidentally ended up going toward Petersham. I don’t usually mind that drive but it was early in the morning after no sleep and it really wasn’t a good time to go letterboxing (not to mention I didn’t have my stuff for that) so I turned around and went the shorter way.
Friday I went to a couple of prenatal visits with Katie. During a discussion about fetal position I had an aha moment; I like those sometimes. For some reason, I’d been thinking that there are about a million to remember, probably from page 385 in Anne Frye’s book Holistic Midwifery, Volume 1. The aha moment was when I realized that there are eight basic positions. The differences come from what part is presenting. Most of the time, it is the occiput. That just made my job a lot easier.
Saturday I made and canned eleven quarts and three 24-ounce jars of spaghetti sauce, froze about 20 quarts of strawberries, and made a gallon of yogurt.
Yesterday was the day I decided to take drugs for my allergies. I could barely stay awake during church; I didn’t even feel like knitting and only got about eight rows done. After, we hurried home and ate and then I took Amena to Hardwick. I actually had to pull over on the way home to close my eyes for a few minutes. Crazy. If I had letterboxing stuff with me, I could have gone to Amena’s and stamped the stamp in the section of my book where I stamp those I’ve carved.
In the evening, as usual, Dan called. That was fine. The problem came when Cedric, who was eating strawberry shortcake, decided he needed to have a private conversation and picked my phone up with dirty fingers. He dropped my phone. He dropped it! As a result, there is a crack in the screen and I can’t use it because the crack prevents me from unlocking it. Did I overreact? Yes, yes I did. I had to replace it once already because it was wigging out and it isn’t paid for. Now it appears Motorola will replace the screen once but I need to go in later today to find out for sure if that will work. I hope it will. And I can tell you that Cedric will not be touching my phone again for a very, very long time because he has a bad track record with my phones (he put the first and only crack in my Mini-Droid while it was in my possession).

I’m not sure how much I thought I’d be writing today but I think I’ve exceeded it. Have a fantastic day and forgive the lack of pictures: no phone, no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment