Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Best, the Worst, the Goals

Yes, I should be on my way to bed. Guess what? I don’t feel like it.
Do you remember ever hearing this: “It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.”
That was my day.
See what I mean? I have a cute baby for hours and this is the first picture I put in here. Some of the ants in the driveway are making this for us. Aren't they thoughtful? It's soft and squishy and I didn't touch it with my hands; just my shoe.

It was the most incredible day ever! Maddie was here while Joanna was at work and she is so cute that my heart melts just thinking about her. (Just for the record, I feel the same way about Elias and Alisha has a couple of boys I love, too.) She slept most of the time, was awake part of the time, ate a little of the time, was terribly cute all of the time. Oh, yeah, it was good. Especially when she smiles and talks. Or sleeps. Or you get to change her diaper and see her cute little chunky legs. Or whatever she happens to be doing. She never cried. She was here from about 7:45 to about 3:30 and she was held for all but about twenty minutes. Heaven must have babies in it.
Now this! This is just about the cutest thing ever! She was asleep on Amena's bed for part of the 20 minutes she wasn't being held.

It was also an incredibly annoying day. Especially when I told Margret that I’d rather stack wood than be in the house and when I went outside to finish stacking wood, it was done. Or when I had to ask a certain boy about 500 times to wash the five dishes I asked him to wash last night. Or when I looked at the hot chocolate I heated up for myself and realized that drinking the stuff is not getting me where I want to be and that I need to further change my eating and exercise habits in order to keep making the right kind of progress.
I need some goals. See, I have this little Maddie and this little Elias (and these other two little boys) and I get to be their grandma. And that is a wonderful thing. But I don’t want to be an old, fat, frumpy grandma. I want to be able to do fun things. I want to teach these little ones to love the outdoors and letterboxing and hiking and skiing. And I can’t do that if I can’t do those things. So I need some goals.
And these little feet! One day in the not-too-distant-future they'll be running all over the place. Now they are just cute little baby feet hidden in socks and quite worthy of having their picture taken.

Here are those I’ve thought of in the past few minutes:
PiYo six days a week.
Walking at least a mile every day.
Walking at least five miles three or four days a week.
Eating a green salad a day, usually with homemade Italian dressing.
Drinking at least 72 but preferably 96 ounces of water daily.
Going to see Billy Idol by the end of 2017.
You may not understand why that last one is on the list but that is okay. I don’t even know if Billy Idol will be doing any concerts next year but the goal stands if he does. If not, I’ll change it as needed.
So, focusing on the best of the day, I intend to make myself better and I intend to make other goals in order to make life better.

Have a fantastic night!

No comments:

Post a Comment