Monday, September 19, 2016

Time To Get Busy

7:57 am
It is raining. Which means it is also wet. I have three loaves of bread in the oven and the milk is almost strained (because I weighed it and then forgot). I did three Spanish lessons in Duolingo and got my Irish notebook out. I made Amena tea to drink on the way to school.
Yesterday I did not walk a mile but I did walk. I ate a green salad. I drank almost 96 ounces of water. I also had a Sunday headache in the morning that was exacerbated by major stress and turned into a massive headache by the afternoon. I finally broke down and took an ibuprofen before bed with a decent amount of water hoping it would be gone in the morning. I even was in bed not long after 9:30.
Okay, I lied. Well, not really. I don't have any new pictures for you so I borrowed a couple from Laura and used another one from Saturday. This is Elias with his toes peeking out. Isn't he a cutie pie? I need to see him again. I need to hold him again.

When I woke up to use the bathroom, the headache was still there. When I woke up to make sure Cedric was awake (Amena was already up and showering), the headache was still there until I walked out of the bedroom. I went to lay back down until 5:30 and the headache was back. When I got up at 5:20-something, my headache was still there but went away when I left the bedroom again. Currently, I’ve finished my first bottle of water for the day and doing what I’ve done so far downstairs has not brought it back. However, I just helped Joseph take Misty upstairs so she can have a bath and the headache was right there.
Right now I’m going to go grate some zucchini to stick in the freezer. I’ll be back. I think.
9:20 am
I grated zucchini. When I am fairly certain I’ll be grating more to freeze, I’ll put two cups grated in a quart freezer bag and squish it down in the bottom of the bag and fold the bag over and then freeze it. Then, when I have more to freeze, I add two more cups grated and freeze the whole thing. When I don’t think it’s likely I’ll be freezing more, I put four cups grated in a quart freezer bag and freeze it. Currently, I have about ten bags full plus a couple small ones left to have for lunch.
And here he is again. These were both taken earlier this month. If Laura took them the same day she sent them, this one if from the 14th and the first one the 11th. At any rate, I need more pictures.

The bread is also out of the oven and we have begun school although the boys are taking their sweet time actually doing their math since that’s what they decided to do first today.
It is no longer raining but it is still quite wet. The humidity is probably quite high although perhaps only 99% rather than the 100% it was while it was raining. I just checked. I was correct. There are times I would like to be wrong but I’m afraid that as long as we remain in Massachusetts, I probably won’t be when it comes to things like this.
Now the boys are doing their timed math for math.
And this cutie! Just look at that little hand in the corner. Baby dimples are so stinking cute!

I need to find the PiYo DVDs and mop the living room floor so I can do that. The dog peed and pooped in the living room this morning. I’m sure you can guess how happy I am about that.
Paul lifted one of the bags of garbage and said, “This is heavy.”
It should be. It’s about ten pounds of chicken. I took it out to thaw Saturday night and when I cut the plastic packaging yesterday morning, the stench was awful. No chicken for Sunday dinner. We had stroganoff instead. It was good but just added to the stress of the day.
And now, I’ll be off.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment