Saturday, October 5, 2013

Autum Has Arrived

Friday
October 4, 2013
7:26 pm
I’m going to start this even though I expect Paul to arrive any moment at which time I will be out of here.
Monday afternoon Trista moved from the driveway to the old tractor parked by the garden to be in the shade. When I checked next she’d moved under the screen house. When I left with Joseph for his soccer practice, I didn’t see her anywhere and when we got home, I couldn’t find her anywhere. I told Paul when he got home and he said she was back in the driveway. In the morning, she was on the top step outside and she moved to right in front of the door. She died sometime around 8 in the morning. Paul buried her in front of the garden because it’s a good place and because the backhoe happens to be there. I miss her sad eyes but she’s definitely feeling better now than she was.
While Joseph and I were at his practice, Seth decided to go for a bike ride.  He didn’t tell anyone where he was going, he didn’t wear a helmet, and he was alone. Those are the three no-no’s. When Joseph and I got back, I went out looking for Seth. I went down Pitcherville to Birches and then Ragged Hill to 68, to the park in case he’d gone there, and home again. I didn’t see him anywhere. When I got home, Joseph said he’d been to the house and had taken off in the direction I’d gone. I don’t know what he was thinking.

Saturday
October 5, 2013
6:55 am
But what ended up happening is that he was grounded from riding his bike for a week and he didn’t get to go to his den meeting because I spent the time and fuel it would have taken to take him to look for him. Not a happy camper but he has to learn that he can’t just take off like that.
Tuesday was a rather uneventful day. Seth had practice and we had lasagna for supper.
Wednesday was a half day for school. I went to Boston in the morning and had the boys ride the bus home because I wasn’t sure if I’d be home in time to pick them up from school. I wasn’t. When I did get home, which wasn’t long after they did, we had lunch and then Seth, Joseph and I went for a walk down Pitcherville Road to take pictures of the leaves and pick up acorns. Picking up acorns wasn’t part of the original plan or we would have taken bags with us. We did get two pocketsful and lots of good pictures and just generally had a nice walk. It was nice because there was time to go for a walk, there wasn’t any homework, and we had lots of time to eat supper and for me and Amena to get ready for church. Joanna was home to stay with the boys so they didn’t have to tag along and everything was cool. Nice day. I would love to have more of them.
Japanese lanterns. We have lots of these in the yard.

Thursday during the day was fairly uneventful. I got a bit of sewing done on Cedric’s shirt for the boys outfits. I need to get to work on them and get them done. After school Joseph had scouts at the library at 4:00. Seth had practice at 5:00. Joseph had practice at 5:30. So, we left for scouts at about 3:50 and got home from the last practice about 6:45. It was a beautiful day.
This is near the house.

Yesterday morning I went to Boston again. I took Ruth Britt and Laurie. As we were leaving Gardner it began to rain and I wondered if the goats would be alright outside. We needed to be to Boston by about 9:45 so I technically did have time to run home and let them in because we arrived at 9:15 but when driving to Boston, the traffic is never a given and you don’t know what you’ll run into, sometime quite literally, so I thought it best to just go and let the goats be out in the rain. They usually don’t want to go in just because of a little rain anyway. We stayed for lunch and then came home. I got back in time to continue on to Hubbardston and pick up the boys. When we got home, I changed and then went to pick up Cedric from school. I called the school Thursday to be sure what time the Nature’s Classroom students would be back and was told 4:00. I got there at 4:00 and most of them had already been picked up. I think I should have been there at 3:30. Cedric said that they were in Holden at 3:36 so 3:30 would have been a good time to be there because I would have been able to get a parking spot. Actually, it probably would have been fine to just stay at the school with Seth and Joseph and let them play on the playground while we waited.
I love the color.

Today we have soccer games in Barre (Seth’s) and Hardwick (Joseph’s). I’m going to take Seth to his in Barre and then take Joseph to his in Hardwick. Then I’m going to pick up grain at the coop. After the first half, I am going to take Joseph and return to Barre to watch the last 15 minutes of Seth’s game and then we will come home. I am grateful to Riley’s mom for taking Seth to and from games the last couple of weeks but I am tired of not being able to watch any of his games. I haven’t watched one of his in its entirety yet. After soccer, I need to go to church to have a Young Women’s meeting between sessions of conference. Then I’ll come home again and watch the second session at home. And I think that will pretty much be the day.
I never thought I'd be happy to live near a swam but they do make for interesting pictures.

Tomorrow I’ll let you know how close to right I am about today’s scheduling. I have decided that Joanna’s needed to use my laptop for school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings as well as an occasional other day or two for homework is for the birds. It has really thrown off my groove in writing every morning and I feel like I’m slacking. I don’t really want to get into another groove because I like writing in the morning as opposed to later in the day so we’ll see how the rest of the semester goes. It only lasts until the middle of December.
See?

I have to apologize for no interesting comments about anything as of late. What do you think of the government shutdown? Quite interesting. I think we tend to make too big a deal about almost anything anymore and I really think that we are proving to the rest of the world how inept and stupid and idiotic we are as a nation. I do not by any means think that we all are but by and far it appears that the majority of our population is. In reality, I think we are little better than the North Koreans who are so brainwashed that they believe anything their government tells them (I’ve read a couple of interesting articles about that lately). We believe anything we see/read/watch on the internet or in the news even though it tends to be far from the truth. We have become so politically correct that we cannot express our true thoughts. Our rights are being eroded at a terrifying rate. And, if Obama and the Democrats have their way, we are going to have Obamacare in spite of the majority of our population not wanting it. Since when is 40% a majority? If only 40% of the nation wants it, why are they even considering passing it? Not a single one of them has read the darn bill (who would want to read 2,000 pages of political double-speak?). I’ve read some pretty long books in my time but none of them were 2,000 pages and they were interesting as I’m sure this bill is not. It probably is sickening. One of my Roper cousins said, “Democrats say it's the Republicans' fault. Republicans say it's the Democrats' fault. I say they are probably both correct about that.” I agree.
This is about as far as we went. A couple of cute boys in there with the trees.


Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment