Sunday, October 6, 2013

Post title

Good morning! It is a lovely rainy day here. It has also been windy which has caused many of the leaves to fall out of the trees which will cause the trees to not be quite so lovely when the sun comes out but it will be ready for the coming winter. Oh, yeah!
My day yesterday didn’t turn out quite how I was expecting. Paul took Joseph to his game and Amena went along. Cedric went with me and Seth to Seth’s game. It was nice being able to watch his whole game even though he wasn’t in a whole lot. Still, he did a good job and they won 7 to 4. I think. I’d have to check my phone to be certain but they did win and the game was good.
I didn't get many pictures because the battery was really low in the camera and those I did get weren't that great.

Because I didn’t go to Joseph’s game, I didn’t get to the coop and of course neglected to ask Paul to get the grain that I would have gotten. Therefore, we are currently out of sweet grain, almost out of alfalfa pellets and getting low on crimped oats. I foresee a trip to a feed store tomorrow.
I had to 'borrow' this one from Serena LaFreniere.

Other than that, things were pretty much as expected. Our YW leadership meeting was almost twice as long as I was hoping for but not any longer than I really expected as there was a lot to cover. Realistically, we could have gone longer because there were other things we could have discussed but they will lend themselves better to the next meeting which will be here before we know it.
I was perusing Facebook earlier and ran across a picture of guards guarding a veteran’s memorial. Really? They can’t pay people to have it open but they can pay people to keep people out. Really? Are you kidding me? Talk about government waste. It reminds me of when we lived in California and Brent told me about waste committed by the Forest Service. Piles of logs put to fire rather than letting people go in and cut it up for firewood. Flagrant waste. The logs don’t belong to the government; they belong to the people, if you can say they belong to anything other than the earth and their creator. Reminds me of Al Gore telling everyone they need to buckle down and use less energy in order to have a smaller carbon footprint when the reality is he used (or at least used and I can’t see him changing much) more in a month than most people use in a year. Buckle down. Ha. A typical politician expecting the masses to do without while he can do whatever the heck he wants.

On that cheerful thought, I am going to go shower and all that fun stuff. Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment