Saturday, October 19, 2013

Not Your Typical Saturday

Seth. (All pictures at the rec field yesterday.)
Good evening! What an interesting day.
Joseph.

I was wondering how the Heywood doula training would compare to toLabor and I am finding out. Basically, I am impressed with Heywood’s attitude toward birth and that they have a low rate of episiotomies and Cesarean-sections. I would like to know specific numbers but it appears that Heywood has at least one of the lowest, if not the lowest, c-section of rate of all hospitals in the state. Karen Beaton, RNC, BSN, MS is the Director of Maternal/Child Health and one of the doula trainers and she admits that one reason for the low rate is most likely due to the fact that they don’t really have high-risk women. I would think it also has something to do with the attitude of the doctors who work there. Anyway, quite interesting and I’ll give you more later. Probably.

Seth’s team won their game today. Seth said the score was 12 to nothing. I would not be at all surprised if that is indeed the score (he’s pretty accurate in reporting these things). Cedric’s team lost, 1 to 8. He reports that his coach was ready to quit because Petersham was cheating so bad. Something like that, anyway. I don’t remember exactly what he said earlier and he’s too engrossed in Harry Potter to repeat what he said. He actually told me to talk to the coach.

When I got home this afternoon, I walked in the house and Joseph was on the front porch. There was no one in the house and I could hear no noise. I could tell that Joanna had been cleaning in the living room (the Jeep was here and no one else voluntarily cleans other than her). I went upstairs and there was no one up there. I went outside and I could then hear voices. They were by the woodpile, stacking wood: Joanna, Amena, Cedric and Seth. Joseph was supposed to be going to the bathroom. I helped some even though I hadn’t changed yet.
Paul was down by the creek with the backhoe filling the bucket with more wood to bring up to split. He arrived at the woodpile and dumped what he had gathered and the wood that was already split was piled and then children kind of split the scene. I went inside and changed and went back out where I moved a couple of pallets so that we could go all the way to the end of the whole pile. Paul was splitting again so I stacked. When he quit, the fourth row was almost done. Four rows ought to get us through a fairly typical winter. We’ve heard this one is supposed to be cold, white and long so we probably ought to have more than four rows. I’d be happy to have five but we’ll see how it goes.


And that is all for now. Have a splendid evening/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment