Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Really?!?

Good morning! Amena made it on the bus. Barely. The boys made it on the bus. Almost barely. What a morning.
This is one of the shirts Paul got me. Pretty cool, eh?

When I got home after Seth’s soccer practice, I beheld three children in the living room watching a movie. As it turns out, they all had homework that hadn’t been done.
Wow. Let’s backtrack a bit.
Yesterday day was pretty noneventful . I didn’t get any sewing done but I made two lime pies in the morning. I did more laundry; that was pretty exciting.
And this is the other. I really wanted to wear this one yesterday but thought it might not be that great for an interview.

At 3:00 I had an interview at the hospital for their doula program. Having taking the training from toLabor twice, I’m not excited about paying $250 for Haywood’s program but at the end of a year if you’ve done everything you need to do, they give you $100 back and it would get me working as a doula which is a step in the right direction. I hope the interview went well; I never know about these things. I need to get to them a resume and two letters of reference. By tomorrow.
On the way home from that, I stopped at John’s in Gardner to get some patches for Cub Scout uniforms. Now we’ve got everything we need for the general stuff; I need to figure out exactly where they are and what they need to do in order to be caught up and then we need to get to work. Because Joseph is just starting out, he’s in good shape. Cedric and Seth are both very behind where they would have been had they stayed in Hubbardston.
On the way home from that, I stopped at Agway and got some sweet grain and alfalfa pellets for the goats.
When I got home, Cedric was gone to Ryan Trottier’s house. He lives over on Ragged Hill and has cute little twin sisters. He and Cedric are on the same soccer team. I don’t mind Cedric going over at all. If he has his homework done. He didn’t but I didn’t find out about that until later.
I had enough time to get peppers and onions cut up and sausages cooked and cut up and get everything cooked and together in a pan on the stove. I left it simmering and took Seth to practice. While he was practicing, I walked around the path five or six times. I think it was six but I kind of lost count and it might have only been five. 2.25 miles isn’t quite as good as 2.7. If I can get up to nine times around I’ll be doing four miles plus a bit which would be nice. I was walking four miles in an hour at the gym but it’s a lot easier to keep a steady pace when you have a machine doing it for you and all you have to do is keep up.
When Seth and I got home, I found an Amena, a Cedric and a Joseph sitting in the living room watching a movie. None of them had done their homework but I didn’t even ask about that because I needed to get supper finished and on the table in 20 minutes. They stopped the movie or it was over, I don’t remember which, and cleared off the table and then got it ready. I did a salad, cooked pasta, and turned some hoagie rolls into garlic bread. It took 30 minutes instead of 20 but still, not bad. Then Paul got home; he didn’t have any missionaries with him. We were already sitting down and dishing up because it was getting late and some people needed to get to bed and...what is this?...do their homework? What? It wasn’t done?
Paul called the missionaries and they said they thought they weren’t coming over tonight because the calendars were blank. What? I signed up for the English speaking on the 1st, 15th, and 29th and the Spanish speaking the 8th and 22nd. Paul saw the calendars and took note that we were signed up. Someone really needs to get a grip on these calendars. They get filled up and then something happens and they start over again. Irritation, man. Irritation. We have a ton of this food that is quite edible and not too bad but is no one’s favorite so it’s going to take forever to eat it all. Not excited. At all.
In other news, the state of our political affairs is almost enough to warrant using, as my children call it, swears. What a bunch of freaking idiots. I haven’t looked at any news this morning so maybe things have changed but given the general climate of things, I kind of doubt it.
This is what I saw last night (at 10:10 if you can read that in the bottom right corner) when I was looking for some information. This is whitehouse.gov.

So. My opinion. The Affordable Care Act and Obamacare seem to be the same bloody thing worded differently. They were passed legally. Great (please read the huge gargantuan amount of sarcasm dripping from that word)! They were passed legally by politicians doing what they do best—lying to the general public to make us (as a whole—not speaking for myself or a lot of people I know) think we want them. Never mind that they (the lawmakers) won’t be subject to them. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, people. Suck it up. Either live with what you passed or get rid of the monster. Better yet, get rid of yourself.
This is where the one above took me. Pretty cool, eh?

My opinion. If memorials and forests are going to be shut down for the citizens of this country to whom they belong, then they need to be shut down for everyone. Did you catch that? EVERYONE. Did you hear about the rally in DC about immigration reform? They opened up the mall for that. What a bunch of political hypocrites. Actually, since politicians are hypocrites, I guess they weren’t being hypocrites, they were just being what they normally are. Do they really think it is okay? Never mind that question; obviously it is ‘yes.’

In spite of the political turmoil, it is a beautiful day outside and I hope you have a splentacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment