Thursday, April 3, 2014

Goats

Good morning! It is a beautiful day out; currently sunny and 41°. It’s an okay day in—just too much laundry to fold.
Yesterday was an okay sort of day. I went to Julia’s to make cards and we ended up talking more than anything else. I did cut out some things with which to decorate cards. And then we had lunch consisting of hot chocolate, grilled cheese sandwiches, and tomato soup. Had I eaten at home, I would have only had a grilled cheese sandwich. Anyway, it was fun.
Joanna needed to be picked up from school at 12:15. I was seven minutes late. I needed to bake a cake but never got around to it. Amena did make cupcakes instead that turned out pretty well. They looked nice; I didn’t eat any because they were made from boxed cake mixes. Joanna needed to be to work at 3:30. I took her, got home, and then it was about time to take Joseph to scouts.
For scouts, they made megaphones out of construction paper for the skit they’re doing at the next pack meeting. Then they got to make puppets. It was pretty fun.
When we got home, it was time to make sure everyone got something to eat.  No homework was done. Cedric left to ride his bike to Paul Jeppson’s when Joseph and I were leaving to go to scouts. He was supposed to be home at 5:30 and he did pretty well, he came up the stairs from the basement (because he put his bike away) at 5:36.
This morning Joanna had to be to work at 5:45. Wow. She didn’t get off until almost 10:00 last night. Having to be back to work eight hours after you get off seems a bit ridiculous to me. On the other hand, it could have been worse. She took the car because I didn’t have to be anywhere today and gets to go to the doctor for a shot. Then she gets to take the paper she’ll get from the doctor so she can take care of her medical records which will allow her to register for classes Monday. That’s a good thing.
Laura has been working on her book. It actually is available to order online now so if you are able, you can see it here: https://www.createspace.com/4224640. Pretty cool! Maybe that’s what I should do with the one I have finished. Sort of finished. I’m not sure any book is every truly finished and I just spent 15 minutes looking for the quote I thought was by Mark Twain to the effect but had no luck.
Snowflake: she wants more!

I have decided that goats are just big cats or dogs. When I went out to take more water to the goats this morning, Snowflake had to stick her face into what I was doing as is her habit; she likes to be in the thick of things, you know. So I scratched her face and around her horns and she was just eating it up. When I’d stop and hold my hand out for her to smell, she’d put her head under my hand and wait for me to scratch some more.
Goldilocks: she was too interested in food.

And that’s all she wrote for now.

Have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment