Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Need a Cool Title But Can't Think of One

Good morning! There are some days when I wouldn’t really like to lay in bed but I would like to just sit around and do pretty much nothing. You know, I like breathing and all but other than that it would really be nice to maybe just sit on the couch and read for a bit. Paul wakes up around 7:00, reads in bed for up to an hour, and then gets up and showers and eats. He doesn’t really have to be to work until 10:00 since he works usually until at least 6:00. Wouldn’t it be nice?
The past few days have been somewhat busy. I’ve meant to write several mornings but as you can see, nothing happened. Friday morning when I called the hospital, there were two women going in to be induced so I kind of took my time and left right before the bus picked the boys up. Both were very slow labors and one wasn’t interested in having a doula so I spent a lot of time doing very little. I did get rooms ready and I did take a book. Friday evening Paul and I went out to eat at SS Lobster.
Saturday and Sunday were General Conference. We watched all the sessions which I hadn’t done for a while. Saturday morning Cedric was busy making a slideshow book trailer. Basically, a book trailer is a little blurb about any chosen book in order to get other people excited enough about it to go read it. His was a book he’d read at school about Martin Luther King, Jr. Here is the youtube link if you’d like to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0op-9JREDo. If you’d rather search for it on youtube, just search for MLK by Cedric. When I just looked, it had been viewed 22 times and had one like. Anyway, because he was busy with that, I didn’t really have time on the computer to write a post.
Saturday afternoon Joseph got to go to the Ecotarium with Jameson. He had a lot of fun and is ready to go again partly because they didn’t get to see the beavers. Amena spent the night at Jayden Mederios’ house; her mom was Cedric’s 3rd grade teacher. They only live a couple of miles away from us.
Sunday morning I made cinnamon rolls and picked Amena up. That was pretty exciting.
Yesterday I called the eye doctor to make appointments for Cedric and Amena. They said I had to call their doctor to make sure they’d had physicals within the last year before I made their appointments because they would need a referral. I hope this isn’t something we have to do every time I make appointments for them. Anyway, I called the doctor and they both had physicals in July and are both scheduled for August this year. Then I called the eye doctor back and made appointments. Cedric’s is in a couple of weeks but Amena’s isn’t until next month because I wanted it to be after she gets home from school. So what happened is that it took a good fifteen minutes to accomplish something that should have only taken about two. Good grief.
That was the first thing on my list.
I also finished writing the essays I needed to for my application to the Midwives College of Utah. Now I just need some money to finish because I need to pay for a couple of transcripts and the application fee. Also as a part of the process I need to find a local midwife willing to be a preceptor with whom I can work. To that end, I wrote letters to three midwives and I will need to follow up with phone calls next week. That part was pretty fun, actually.
Since I was writing letters and getting them ready to send, I also took care of the electric bill. I had to ‘borrow’ four stamps from Joanna because I used up the last six I had last week sending letters to some people who have moved in hopes of obtaining new addresses. Only one has come back thus far and it says “NOT DELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED/UNABLE TO FORWARD”. Not much help but at least I know she isn’t at the address I have.
I also folded about four loads of clothes. That’s always exciting. I really wish the boys would have put all their clothes away yesterday; it’s really annoying when they stay on the couch for days on end.  I made Seth take his up before the bus came and Joseph took almost all the rest of his up so we’re looking pretty good right now.
Other than that, I took some pictures of three bars of Amena’s Baby Bars (won’t it be funny when she has a baby and uses it?) to send to someone in Houston because I’ve donated three for an auction to raise money for the Improving Birth Houston rally. Pretty awesomely cool, I think. I actually emailed gift certificates and then it’s up to the people who win them to actually order the soap but it’s a free bar of soap with free shipping to three people. What could be better?
The only other thing that was on my list was working on doula homework and I did lots of that. If you’d like to read about it, you can check out my other blogspot blog (unless you are Grandma, in which case I can email it) once I post it there.
Seth had a bit of homework to do after school. I know he did it and hope he remembered to take it with him this morning. Joseph didn’t have any homework because he said he had one or two tests. I hope that is really the case. I do know he didn’t have any in his backpack. Cedric said he had one side of a paper to do and I have no idea if he ever did it or not.
I do know that Seth took forever to bring in a load of wood (I never actually got a fire built because he took so long and it really wasn’t that cold) and Cedric spray painted part of his bike black after I specifically told him not to. Not a happy mother about that one. I don’t know what he was thinking; the smell of paint was very strong when I opened the basement door to go downstairs and the can of black was missing from the counter where it had been.
In other news, I emailed Cedric’s teacher the link to his book trailer and she responded:
“Pam,
“Thank you so much! This is wonderful! I can't wait to talk to Cedric about this tomorrow! My class has really embraced this topic!
“Jackie”
Of course, I like that! Cedric told me when he got home yesterday that she really liked it and now some of his classmates want to do something similar. I know he wants to do another one. He’s reading a book about the Vietnam War and wanted to do it to Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2. At first I thought it might not really work because the song is anti-war but after giving it more thought, there were many people who were not in favor of the Vietnam War so it might be appropriate. We’ll see what happens.
And that’s all for now. Emily West is coming over today for sewing so I need to get a shower taken and the floor swept for Adelaide. I also have an IEP meeting for Cedric at 1:00 this afternoon. And there are many other things I would like to get done as well.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment