Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Just like a heartbeat. . .

Good morning! Yesterday we ended up having some rain that I didn’t realize was on the forecast. Which isn’t to say that I live my life by any forecast; I actually don’t because half the time they are wrong. I actually hadn’t looked at any for a few days.
Kitty on Easter Sunday.

Yesterday turned into the day that it was. I cleaned off the front porch with a little help from Cedric and Seth so that we could put Debbie’s old crate out there for Kitty and the kittens. It was just about ready when there was some commotion upstairs. I’d told the boys and Amena to leave Kitty and the kittens alone and to in fact stay out of the boys’ room. As usual, there was some compliance but not total. Amena and Joseph were in the room and Amena was singing a song (quietly, I might add) that was annoying Joseph so he told Paul that Kitty was in the house. I really wanted to wait until this morning to take her and the kittens out but that didn’t work because even though Amena stopped singing, Joseph told Paul again and he said to get Kitty out of the house.
Kitty and her kittens.

Amena managed to get them all on a blanket without touching them and came downstairs and set them on a couch. I took the top off the crate so we could get Kitty and her babies in. Kitty was pretty upset and I don’t blame her one bit. She got out of the crate and wanted in the house, probably not quite realizing that her babies were outside. Then she went in the crate and picked one up and would have taken off to who knows where (probably attempting to get in the house) had we not shut the crate door. Amena stayed out with her while I went to get some food and water and Kitty calmed down and curled up around her kittens.
I did give Joseph a lecture about what happens when mama cats get upset. He was informed that sometimes a mother cat will eat her babies if she perceives that they are in danger. At the very least, the mother cat will take her babies and hide them somewhere she feels is safer. I asked him if that’s what he wanted and of course he said no. His eyes were big; I know that he had no idea the consequences his actions might have had.
Seth and I took a walk after lunch. It was an overcast day that was rather warm, especially compared to the temperatures we’d had just a few days earlier, and humid so by the time we got back, we were a bit sweaty and very hot. Seth wouldn’t look at the creek on the way back because he was so thirsty. We went almost as far as I did when I did Ragged Hill last time by myself. Google maps is pretty funny because when I plug in our address, it puts us about 433 feet, or about a twelfth of a mile, west of where the house actually is so I click on the map rather than use our address. When I plugged in the nearest address to where we turned around yesterday, it put us on the other side of a little creek that we didn’t quite get to. I like that distance, 1.1 miles, but I know we didn’t go that far (we actually went .8 of a mile one way). Oh, the joys of modern technology.
Tonight the Young Women are going to see Heaven is for Real at the theater and then coming here for a sleepover. That should be interesting at the very least. Hopefully fun as well. We are going to have pancakes for breakfast and that should be interesting as well.
On the agenda for today is getting the counter cleared off again. I’d really like to know how the heck it gets so cluttered all the time. And seemingly overnight. Other than that, the library needs to be finished or at least done more to; the back room needs to be cleaned because that’s where we’ll be sleeping. There is also a ton of laundry, again as usual. We also might make a trip to the library and if I’m going to fill out campership forms for the boys, I have to go to Lancaster to do it because today I think is the last day. I should double check on that to be sure.
In other news, Laura has done a couple of websites. One is for her book(s) and the other is a blog. Both pretty cool. If you can, you should check them out (I’ll post links in the email).

Have a fantabulous day!
One of the cacti in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment