Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snow. Okay, so they're calling it a blizzard. It's still just snow.


Okay, so we have snow. We still have a travel ban as well. It’s so dangerous out, you know, with blizzard conditions, you know, lots of snow and gusty wind up to 50 miles per hour. Quite frankly, this isn't any worse than anything I remember growing up. The snow is dry (which is unusual for here I guess) and drifting up a storm but it’s snow and it’s dry. Come on, people.
This was yesterday afternoon shortly after 3:00.
This was about an hour later.
I will have some pictures, it’s about time I added some anyway but I just want to show all of you what Massachusetts is so excited about and I think you’ll agree with me that it’s not really that terrible. It is kind of funny that they’re making such a big deal about the travel ban; there hasn't been one since the big blizzard they had in 1978. They close roads in CA all the time. Because of, get this, SNOW!!!
This was taken at the same time as the second one--a little after 4:00.

Anyway, in spite of the fact that I haven’t been in here since Tuesday, not a whole lot has been going on. There wasn’t any school yesterday because of the impending storm and this travel ban began at 4:00 yesterday afternoon. Quite frankly, it was ridiculous. We got maybe an inch or two by the time the kids would have gotten home. Joanna went to work but due to the ban, they closed early and she was home by 4:17. Anyone caught out driving could be fined $500 or jailed for up to 1 year. How about anyone driving is an idiot and deserves to run into a tree.
This morning about 7:33. Scooter didn't know what to do with herself.

Wednesday I had Economics. The boys, as in the Cedric and Seth, had grief group at the Carriage House. There were no scouts for them so Laura and Amena went to church and hopefully cleaned the kitchen. Joanna wasn’t feeling well so she stayed home.
Also this morning.,

Thursday I had Strategic Management. We worked together as a group. That consisted of one girl working on the spreadsheet, the group leader and I looking in the book and at the power point we need to put our information in, and the other team members sitting and looking totally enthused. There really wasn’t anything for them to do so there wasn’t really anything else they could have done. About the only thing that was accomplished is that it was decided the spread sheet would be ready for people to transfer information from by Friday, that I would do the SPACE Matrix, that the team leader would do the first three pages of introductory material. The rest of it, who knows. We’re supposed to present Thursday and I don’t think it is going to be ready. If it was me, it would be done.
Yesterday I did the SPACE Matrix and worked on my accounting homework. I also finished up my part of our Economics presentation and posted it on Blackboard. The boys and Amena played with Daniel’s Legos all afternoon.
Today Cedric and Seth are outside as are the dogs. Trista doesn’t want to go do her thing in the snow even though there is a space for her to do it in because Cedric and Seth did a little shoveling. Earlier, I shoveled part of the steps and a small space in front because Scooter wanted to go. She ended up pooping on a step so I scooped it up with a shovel and flung it away.
Now I will be off. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment