Friday, February 22, 2013

Time Lapse


Big time lapse here. It is a beautiful day out in Hubbardston, MA, and 21°. We are colder than anyone else on our list: Bonners Ferry, ID, says 34°, Yreka, CA, says 25°, Dublin, Ireland, is 36°, and Beijing, China is 32°.
This week has been a wonderful week off for all children. It would have been a really wonderful week if I’d’ve had the week off as well. As it is, I had Monday off for President’s Day and that’s it. Because I’ve had class, I’ve had homework. Because children have had a wonderful week off, homework has been a dicey proposition; it sometimes is easy to get done, it often is not.
In spite of having a fun-filled week, I’ve managed to get a few things done. Letters written and sent, chapters read, interrogatories answered (but not sent—that’ll happen today), quizzes taken. It’s all been fun. And I wish there was a font that indicated sarcasm.
Up for today is homework, sending my interrogatories and beginning work on Paul’s, and having friends over to sled on the hill.
Yesterday Joanna had an appointment at 9:20 with the hematologist she’s been seeing. They called last week, on the 11th, to confirm this appointment. She went to have her blood drawn Tuesday. Before she went, the doctor’s office called and told her she needed to go in that day. She said she couldn’t because she didn’t have time. The woman she was talking to didn’t listen and kept insisting that Joanna had to go in. Finally, Joanna said, “Fine, but I won’t be there, I don’t have time.” When she got there yesterday, they told her she didn’t have an appointment and that she’d have to come in Monday, the 25th. So, they just cancel without letting you know, expect you to be able to change your schedule at the drop of a hat, and it’s just ridiculous. I really should go with her next time. I should have gone with her yesterday.
Wednesday my Economics group presented and it was pretty good. I might tell you about it in more detail later but for now, I want to get busy with other things.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment