Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last Day of February


Good morning! Check this out:
Hubbardston, MA        30°
Bonners Ferry, ID        32°
Yreka, CA                   43°
Dublin, Ireland              39°
Lima, Peru                    72°
It’s not really that interesting because Dublin just messes it up. I suppose I could take it out but it’s fun to say to Laura upon occasion, “Hahaha! We are actually x degrees warmer than Dublin!” It doesn’t really happen that often, at least when I’m on the computer.
Yesterday we had a two hour delay. I noticed from a Facebook post that someone I know whose daughter is in Amena’s class and son is in Seth’s class and is a teacher, that there are after school activities on two-hour delay days. So, if there are ‘after’ school activities, why can’t school start then? And why on earth are activities before school called after school activities? I am not really complaining, I just think it’s rather curious. I mean, most bus drivers are safe drivers, right? If they weren’t, they wouldn’t have the job. So, wouldn’t it be safer to have just a few out rather than a larger number of parents? Seems kind of strange to me.
It was, weather wise, a crappy kind of day yesterday. It snowed in the morning, which was great, but then turned to a mix of snow and rain, which wasn’t so great, and then just turned to rain. Not just any rain, either, but ginormic globules of liquid precipitation. It was something. Our driveway turned into a slushy mess and Pitcherville Road was not much better. 68 was okay and the roads in Gardner were alright. I did notice that Gardner had no school at all yesterday.
All activities at church were cancelled due to inclement weather and I, of course, had a few words to say about that at home. I’d been out in it. Laura and Joanna had been out in it. It wasn’t bad, except our driveway and our road, and wasn’t supposed to get worse that I was aware of. I figure everyone must be pretty wimpy and must need to learn to drive. Seriously. Joanna was annoyed because she turned down a couple of people when they asked her to take their shifts because she was planning on going to church.
So, I let everyone watch a movie while I did homework. Then we read a couple of sections and had prayer and the boys went to bed. Then Joanna went to talk to her manager and see her friend. Then Amena went to bed. Then Paul got home. Then Laura got home. Then I went to bed and Joanna texted me asking if she could stay at Shana’s house and I said yes. I was so tired that I didn’t even journey to Middle Earth.
Economics was quite interesting yesterday. The group that presented was very good. A large group—six members. A good group—they all did very well. Only one guy and I think he was the best. After their presentation, they had a game and it was good. They had some questions. We wrote our answers on a paper and if we were right, we got to shoot a rubberband at some targets they drew on the board. They’re called elastics here (which I find strange because they aren’t elastic, at least not the kind I use for sewing; they are stretchy, though) which fit in with their chapter which was about elasticity of demand and supply.
Yesterday was an okay day. Nothing much out of the ordinary happened. Management was good. We were divided up into five groups of two for the rest of the class which will mainly consist of a business simulation game. Tiffany and I are partners which she is happy about. She said she was hoping we would be. I told her it’s a good thing I did my name change then because otherwise I would have been partners with Jessica. Jessica probably would have been happier with that than who she got but I’m sure it will all work out just fine. I think it will be alright being partners with Tiffany because we both seem to be get-it-done people.
Today is Management again and we need to take laptops because we will be working in groups pretty much the rest of the semester. Cedric and Amena have dentist appointments this afternoon. I am thinking about having Laura go to school to pick them up. That way I can come home after class and have something to eat without having to either hurry so much or be late to their first appointment.
Other than that, I have nothing out of the ordinary to do. Just a typical list that looks, at the moment, like this:
MGT finish reading Ch 4
            find chiro #s
            call chiros
ECO read ch 7
ACC work on homework
Pretty exciting. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment