Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fairly Typical Day

Good morning! I’ve been rather sparse this month, eh? No matter. Life is life. Right now I am eagerly awaiting Amena’s appearance from upstairs. I know she is awake and up but I do not know at what degree of readiness for the day she is. That’s pretty typical. I know that there are two boys asleep in their beds and one in mine. Well, two in mine but I don’t have to worry about getting one of them up and ready for school. Actually, Amena is the only worry because she just doesn’t seem to understand that it’s not cool to miss the bus and that when you get up in the morning, you have to get ready. Quickly.
This is the hot spiced apple 'cider' we had last night. I thought it was funny that the cinnamon sticks were staning up.

I had things timed so that I knew exactly when to leave the house in order to be to school just after the first bell rang which gave me time to leave things in my locker and get to class before the second bell rang. I wasn’t getting ready up to the time I needed to leave, though, I was ready. I just left at the time I needed to. Daniel was the same way. He got up, he got dressed, he ate, he got ready. When the bus came, he was out waiting for it. Miss that boy.
There was a nice sunrise yesterday when I got home.

Monday night I went in for my shift at the hospital. I was beginning to think that hospitals didn’t give me headaches any more but I sure came home with a doozy yesterday morning. I actually took a pill for it before I took a shower and went to bed because I didn’t want it keeping me up. I actually came home an hour early, too, because there wasn’t anything happening and I thought it would be nice to get the boys off. I got home before Amena left, barely.  It was rather a dull night because there was nothing happening. I prefer nights when someone is in labor. Having someone there makes it easier to stay awake, although I didn’t really have a problem with that for some reason. Probably because I brought a few snacks that I ate at strategic times and because I would get up and walk around every hour or so and because I had water and kept drinking it and therefore had to use the bathroom periodically. [And, just so you know, the computer doesn’t like that last sentence. Silly computer.] Anyway, I didn’t come home with the horrendous headache when there was someone there either.
I think I like this one the best.

Once the boys were on the bus and I had eaten and done the other little things I needed to do, I took a shower and went to bed. I was hoping that I would sleep longer than an hour and fifteen minutes and didn’t set my alarm. Very happily, I didn’t wake up until 11:00 and I closed my eyes wondering if I might be able to catch a few more minutes. I was. I woke up again a couple of minutes past noon and got up. Four hours is a whole lot better than one and a quarter and I wasn’t grumpy (although some boys might not agree) at supper time like I was last week. I was still ready to go to bed at 10:00 though.
I really don't usually care for pink and oranges and yellows aren't my favorites but when the color is in nature (sunset, sunrise, flowers, leaves, etc.), it isn't bad.

Sunday afternoon Paul went to visit a friend of his. This particular friend is like a father to him and was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. It’s already in his liver as well and Paul says that he didn’t even recognize Fred when he went down. He figured out that the guy in the pajamas must be Fred due to who else was there and how the conversation was going but he doesn’t look or sound like himself. Fred is a nice guy but has been ready to go for some time because he misses his wife who has been gone for many years. It is his step daughter to whom Paul was engaged when he joined the church. Her name is Pam. Ha ha ha. Paul isn’t on her list of favorite people because Paul helped convince Fred to have life support turned off when that is what Fred’s wife wanted but not what her children wanted. Life is hard, isn’t it?
Paul has been getting quotes to put a roof on the barn. He took the shingles off a few years ago. Before we arrived so it’s been at least five years (can you believe we’ll have been here for five years in March?). He has bought tarps to cover it up on several occasions at the tune of around $400. Four tarps at $400 each pays for more than half of the one quote that I’ve seen for roofing materials. Paul thinks it’s time to put the money in a roof rather than more tarps because tarps like to fall apart and weren’t really meant to take the place of a roof anyway.
In other news, the bug might need a new battery. It’s been having issues that are easily resolved with the charging of the battery. Since it’s had to be jumped once and charged twice, the other issue it was having has not resurfaced. Of course, I haven’t been driving it much to see if it will surface.
In other news, Monday was really warm. It got up to something like 60 degrees. Yesterday our high was 43° and that’s about what the rest of the week is supposed to look like.
In other news, there really isn’t any other news to report. The boys are all at the table either eating or getting ready to eat and all are in some stage of being ready for school. Seth and Cedric are dressed. Cedric has his backpack. I need to go finish their lunches so I’ll get this all posted when I’m done with that.

Have a fantabulous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment