Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Life

Good morning! Yes, it still is morning, at least while I’m writing this. Interesting day thus far.
Paul came home with six bottles of Worcestershire Sauce last night. I said, “We have lots of that downstairs.”
He said, “When I got some last, I looked and there were only a couple.”
“No,” I said, “There are lots.”
“Well, they must be in more than one place.”
“On the wire shelf?”
“Yes.”
“That’s where they all are. They go back and then over. You can only see one or two.”
“I only saw a couple.”
I went down this morning to put away the new ones and had to move the soy sauce to make room. We now have seventeen Worcestershire Sauces.
I tell you this because I think it is funny. The boys will go into their room and take a quick look around and say, “I can’t find my shoes.” Or whatever it is they’re looking for. I go in and move one or two things and behold! there is one shoe and under the next item of clothing or toy is the other shoe. Just proof that men are little boys in big bodies.
Yesterday afternoon Seth had a scrimmage. It was a good game in spite of the fact that they lost. The score was only 7 to 3 so they didn’t lose by much and they played well. Seth was awesome! He did such a good job in the first half running and getting in there it was a lot of fun to watch. He was goalie for the second half and did a really good job of blocking the ball and did some excellent drop kicks. Good game—so  much fun!
Yesterday evening Seth had scouts. In his den are I think six boys. Four of them are on his soccer team. One of the mom’s asked if Seth is going to play Quabbin soccer in the spring. I explained that it really just didn’t work for us with the two boys on two different teams in Barre and Hardwick. She said that would be hard but that the boys can be put on Hubbardston teams. The guy who is in charge of placement lives in Hubbardston and she suggested that I tell him my concerns. She said she tells him/them that Joey will play only if he’s on a Hubbardston team; otherwise, he won’t.
I explained this to Paul this morning and he was somewhat less than enthusiastic. He said that the games were all over the state (a bit of an exaggeration) so it wouldn’t be worth it. I think it would. Since they’d be on Hubbardston teams, the practices would all be in Hubbardston and half of the games would be. If both boys are interested (and I think they are), and they can be on Hubbardston teams, I’m going to sign them up.
I only have an hour before Joanna has to abscond with my computer again. It was terrible this morning without it. I got the Lego’s in the back room picked up and put the mattress back behind the piano. I got lots of reading in Silent Knife done (which I won’t have time to tell you about). I got two loads of towels folded and put away (one was dry and one had to be dried). I got nothing done on the computer. That just means no studying of phlebotomy which I guess I’ll have to do later when she’s back from her class.
Joanna had fun this morning at the doctor’s office. She needs a record of her immunizations for school. Two weeks ago she went in and they told her they’d have them for her the next day and they would call her to let her know that they were. Well, they never called. Now her records at school are on hold because she doesn’t have her immunization records. She went in today and explained all of this and the woman she spoke to two weeks ago was hurrying to get things together because she didn’t do it two weeks ago. Well, Joanna’s only been going to the doctor here for two years. They could call the doctor’s office in Bonners Ferry but I guess that wasn’t an option for some reason. They gave her a new dTap because they discovered that they did give her some immunizations but didn’t record the date. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! They drew her blood for a titer which is fast and might be easier than collecting records from Idaho (although every time I’ve called the office there, they’ve been really good about getting things done) but still gave her a new dTap.
When Joanna was sitting in the waiting room, a woman came out and sat down by a girl who was with her mother and started explaining all these things to them and the mother finally said, “This isn’t her.” Oh, ooops! “Are you Joanna?” Yes, Joanna is Joanna. The woman asked her if she has parents. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Joanna is 19 years old. She doesn’t have to have her mommy with her whenever she goes to the doctor. I guess a lot of kids her age do have a parent with them but a lot of kids her age don’t know how to live or make decisions on their own.
Seriously, this woman didn’t properly identify the person to whom she was speaking and just told this other woman and her daughter a whole lot of Joanna’s information. That is a huge, serious breach of confidentiality. I’m not in favor of suing, but that was totally and completely uncalled for. Just makes my blood boil!

So, that’s been yesterday and this morning for you. Hope you have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment