Saturday, November 23, 2013

This and That

Good morning! Well, sort of. It’s not as cold here as it is in some places and it isn’t as warm as it is in other places. We have clouds and blue sky and some sunshine when the clouds cooperate. Some children need to cooperate as well.
Yesterday was rather much like I expected it to be for the most part. Our visit to the dentist went without incident. Joseph does have a couple of little cavities that need to be taken care of. After that, we went to get grain and alfalfa for the goats. I managed to drive right by it but turned around before we got to New Hampshire. That was relatively uneventful.
On the way to drop the boys off at school, we thought we saw Joanna and then I did see Paul at Ray’s talking to him. After I dropped the boys off, I did see Joanna on Pitcherville so the first Jeep we saw evidently wasn’t her. More about the Jeep in a bit. When I walked into the school with Seth and Joseph to let them know in the office that they were there, I said, “Seth and Davis are here!” Seth and Davis? I corrected myself, “Seth and Joseph are here.”
I wondered why Paul would be talking to Ray when it was almost 11:00. He often leaves the house relatively late but almost often by 9:00 (which to me would be late). Well, I found out that Joanna had asked Paul about some mechanical issues with the Jeep so he went with her to Gardner to have someone look at the clutch or transmission or both. It appears that yes, she does need one or another or maybe both. Hopefully just the clutch because the transmission will be too expensive and she thinks she would just get another vehicle. At least for now. Anyway, while looking at those things, it was discovered that her brakes are so bad that she should not be driving. At all.
I had time for lunch and to read and to work on a book report and then it was time to go visit Laurie with Julia. That was good. I remembered that I wanted to take my library card to check a book out but I forgot it and I think the library closes early on Friday anyway so I wouldn’t have been able to get the book.
Amena had just gotten off the bus when I got home.
Seth had a birthday party to go to at Roll On America. I took him in the van because the lights had come on in the bug when I went to Gardner and I didn’t want to have to drive home from Leominster at 15 miles an hour. At that speed, it would take almost two hours. I didn’t want to do that. Especially since if I did, it would be time to turn around and go get him as soon as I got home almost. Amena was going to go to the dance at school but because Joanna shouldn’t be driving her Jeep, Joanna wasn’t able to provide transportation. Joanna said that Amena thought that I would take her but there was no way. She’s been to all the dances I think so far anyway and really doesn’t need to go to all of them. Zak was here so I suppose maybe he could have been roped into taking her but I don’t think either he or Joanna were excited about that idea.
Paul got home with some milk and then it was time to go get Seth. Once we got there, I went in and Seth was in the laser tag. Apparently they have a group of kids in playing, a group of kids in waiting to play, and a group of kids waiting to get in. Apparently, Seth was in the group of kids waiting to get in when I got there but I didn’t realize it. A group came out and Seth wasn’t in it. Another group came out and Seth wasn’t in it. Games last for 10 minutes. I was there waiting for about ever, or so it seemed, before Seth finally came out. By the time we finally got out to the car, Paul and I had been there for 39 minutes.
Anyway. In other news, I went to take a shower in the morning before taking the boys to the dentist and when I came downstairs, I noticed that Cedric had brought in a load of wood before leaving for school. Without my asking or reminding. I like that. When I got home from visiting Laurie, Paul had gotten the fire ready to be lit. I suppose that means it wasn’t really a fire at that point but it was a fire-in-waiting.

Right now I am going to finish this up and have something to eat. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment