Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lovely Saturday Morning

Good morning! Quiet day around here so far. No soccer this morning. It’s been a couple of months since that happened. I kind of like it. I kind of miss it.
Amena is upstairs in her room. Joseph is outside with Kitty and Cat. Cat has decided to adopt us, I guess; she keeps coming around and follows us when we go out. I thought she belonged across the street but maybe not. Unless I want to go ask, I might not ever find out. Cedric is in the living room looking at a Where’s Waldo book avoiding washing his plate and fork from breakfast. Seth spent the night at Joey’s house and is there still. Joey has one sister and likes having a friend over because his sister has friends over all the time. Paul is sitting at the table eating an apple/walnut piece of coffee cake instead of a cinnamon roll to finish up his breakfast. Joanna is at work. I am sitting her typing this. Pretty exciting, eh?
Yesterday I watched “The Walking Dead” while I cut out scrub pants. I forgot to take into consideration the fact that I might need to lengthen them and only got as much fabric as the patterns said. The problem, as I see it, is that one of the patterns really didn’t call for enough even without my making them longer. It’s a good thing I am able to tweak enough to make things work and even with my magical abilities, one of them almost didn’t work anyway.
I also did a bit of phlebotomy study and dishes and firestarting and exciting things of that nature.
Goldilocks was delivered to the goat people. Have I told you about the goat people? It appears that I have not; at least, not any time since September 19 (which is when this section of 100 pages began). They’re names are Bella and Raven. Bella’s name used to be Michael. I don’t know if Raven’s name has changed or not. Bella and everyone who lives at the Cauldron Farm refer to Bella as a ‘she’. Raven used to be a she and now everyone refers to Raven as a ‘he’. When I took Snowflake over, Bella and I were talking and somehow we got to talking about how nasty girls can fight and Bella said, “That’s why I changed.” So, interesting people. They have goats and sheep and try to be as self-sufficient as possible.
Thursday I went to the school to talk to Seth’s teacher, Mrs. Churchill. I like her very much. Amena had her for 4th grade as well. We are going to take some steps to see if we can’t get Seth to do his homework more consistently. I really do wonder, though, about Seth and school. Mrs. Churchill says that she works with Seth and that he struggles to get his work done and that he struggles with reading. I know that at home he doesn’t want to read or do his math but he knows how to do both. He knows exactly what to do in order to complete his math and I only do a little prompting. He knows how to read and reads some pretty good words with only a little help. Is his performance at school less than he is actually capable of? I wouldn’t be at all surprised.
Up for today is whatever I manage to get done. I have no idea what that will actually amount to. I’ll let you know tomorrow or Monday. And you’ll just have to wait again on my flu and Gardasil and school thoughts. Even though you probably already have an idea.

Adios. Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment