Monday, December 23, 2013

Short and Sweet

Good afternoon! Well, Saturday was quite interesting and yesterday wasn’t bad.
Saturday morning we had to wait FORever for any boys to arrive. They all did between 10:00 and about 10:30. They didn’t all bring snow clothes so they were doomed to staying inside because at that point there was still snow everywhere. Seth built a snow fort out behind the trampoline and it was pretty cool although I didn’t get any pictures of it because I was busy making pizza for the boys. We ate pizza and did cupcakes and ice-cream that wasn’t frozen all the way and opened presents and then went to the theater.
Just in case you are wondering, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug isn’t bad. In spite of the fact that it adds a lot to the book (it would have in order to get three movies out of one book that was shorter than any of The Lord of the Rings) and changes some of what is in the book, it’s still fairly decent and worth watching. Worth reading the book to the boys too, though, so they know the original story.
After the movie, we waited for parents to arrive and take boys away. That was exciting. When we got home, we discovered that Seth and Joseph had taken one of the Lego people that came with the Lego’s that Cedric just got that morning outside and lost it. Absolutely wonderful. Joseph said that Seth told him to take it, Seth said that Joseph had it and therefore Joseph lost it. I told them they both should have known better and therefore they can get a new set and give Cedric out of it what was lost. Of course, that won’t happen until Seth gets some birthday money in January. In the meantime, I really wish they’d learn to leave things alone that don’t belong to them unless they have permission. I know it’s fairly normal to get into things—goodness knows my sisters got into my things—but it drives me crazy.
Yesterday church was pretty good. Louise Nally is no longer my 2nd councilor; she’s now in Nursery and we get Jerusha Peterman. Sad to lose Louise but nice to have Jerusha. There is nothing so constant as change.
Today I was hoping to get a whole slew of things done, and I have accomplished a couple. I need to get some cream before I can do the candy parts so a trip out and about is in store shortly. Other than that, I really don’t have anything to report without going into a diatribe so I won’t because it’s two days before Christmas.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment