Friday, December 27, 2013

The Day After the Day After

Good morning! Our Thursday was quite Thursday-like. Seth got to go to the eye doctor and have his eyes dilated. We changed eye doctors because the one we’d been going to won’t take our insurance for the actual glasses, I think I mentioned that earlier. Anyway, the glasses that Seth picked out are decent and fit his face and he likes them so going to Walmart isn’t absolutely critical but is something that we’ll be doing sometime because it would be very good for him to have a back-up pair.
Other than that, we had a quiet (ha ha) day at home. Paul stayed home to work. He actually went to the RMV to register the green car so it’s legal until next Thursday when it will need to have had an inspection. He said that the truck has an oil leak which is not a good thing. He’s been looking all over the place for a replacement Jetta because three body shops told him that the damages to the Jetta constitute it being totaled. I think he likes having vehicle problems because it gives him an excuse to look at/talk to people about cars. He loves cars.
Seth and Cedric took their new bikes outside twice to ride them. Currently they are down in front of the basement door which is going to have to change because the door gets used to taking hay to the goats and I am not going to climb over three bicycles every day to do it and I think it’s unlikely that any boys would want to and I am pretty sure that Amena won’t. Cedric went out numerous times to shoot things with his air soft gun. Joseph was pretty content to play with new Legos pretty much all day.
Tonight the boys and I are going to watch a Sharks hockey game in Worcester. I guess they have a Boy Scout night every season and tonight is the night. We’ve been told that they have fireworks (inside) after the game as well so it should be rather interesting. When I asked Amena if she wanted to go, she said no. Last night she said that then she said she would go but I didn’t catch that so I don’t think she’ll be going. Joanna has work from eleven something to 8:00 so hopefully Paul will be home around then to give her a ride home.
Yesterday I made bread so today we can have sandwiches. Other than that, about all I accomplished is a bit of laundry. Pretty exciting. Seth just brought down a Lego carriage and horse. Legos are amazing.
I don’t think I ever mentioned my phlebotomy test. It was pretty exciting. I wanted to be sure to be thirty minutes early for my appointment, which was at 4:45, because that’s what all my communications said to be so I left at 3:00. That allowed an hour to make a 40 minute or so drive because I didn’t know what the traffic would be like due to school getting out and the roads being less than ideal. I got to the place where the test was before 4:00 in spite of traffic and less than ideal road conditions and sat in the truck for a few minutes waiting until 4:00. I got registered and was in taking my test by 4:15. You are allowed 120 minutes for the exam and once you’ve gone through all the questions of which there are 80, you can review for about ever. I was not feeling very hopeful that I’d done well because there were a lot of questions about things that we never covered in class and that I didn’t remember seeing on any of the practice tests or in the book. So, I went through in less than an hour and then I reviewed. And then I reviewed. And then I reviewed. And then I reviewed a couple more times. And then I went through each question again and then just the ones I wasn’t sure about. Then I called it good because there was no chance of changing any answers. My preliminary results were: PASS. Whew! What a relief. I checked out and left and was home by 6:30.
My results were supposed to be emailed to me in four days. They were but I have yet to figure out anything other than the preliminary PASS and my score which I’m not particularly thrilled with even though there were so many questions I just didn’t know (I got 667 out of 999; the passing grade is 400). I was hoping to see the questions and answers but am thinking that is unlikely. At any rate, I can change my resume now to include a certification number. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Right now I need to get the goats fed so have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment