Monday, December 16, 2013

Stuff

Good morning! Saturday was busy with getting ready for the storm that was headed our way. The wood got covered with a couple of tarps and didn’t blow off until the snow came and now there is a layer of snow holding them down so that’s all good. I got the pots on the steps moved. Paul moved all the vehicles around to his satisfaction and in that process, the bug suffered a busted fuel line so I guess that it is out of commission until we get that fixed someday over a rainbow which is annoying because a new battery seemed to have taken care of the issues it was having before.
Yesterday was interesting. Because we had snow, church was not cancelled but was postponed until 4:00 and we only had sacrament meeting and then the baptism that was scheduled for after church. Paul was still plowing and the boys, especially Seth and Joseph, didn’t really want to go so just Amena and I went and not only were we late, we didn’t stay for the baptism.
I decided that I don’t like weekends. It isn’t because everyone is home although it is because everyone is home. It’s because the house doesn’t stay as warm. I don’t do as much laundry during the weekend as I do during the week which helps contribute to the cooler temperatures and the door is constantly being opened during the weekend which really helps contribute to the cooler temperatures.
I thought that since church was sure to be cancelled yesterday that we’d have time to make candy canes. Didn’t happen. Because church wasn’t cancelled but was postponed, we did family home evening in the morning which made our lunch late. We could have just done that in the afternoon instead since only two of us ended up going to church. Oh well. I did get two of the patterns cut out that I wanted to. I expect I’ll get the third cut out today and then between laundry and phlebotomy, I’ll maybe get some sewing started. That will be nice.
Last night I was on doula call but there were no laboring ladies for me to go spend time with and I never got any phone calls during the night so I was able to sleep. Maybe if I don’t get everything ready for the boys and Amena for lunch and me stuff to take with me there will actually be someone in labor. Not sure I want to try that method, though, because it would be pretty chaotic. While I was waiting for it to be 10:00 yesterday, I made cranberry orange muffins for today’s lunch so at least my time was spend productively.
Saturday the boys got their room clean and Cedric mostly cleaned the back room. I want to get this extra couch out of the house. If no one wants to take it, I think I’ll call Salvation Army to come and get it. I really want to get rid of a lot of the clutter around here. I’m not sure what that means exactly, maybe really piling stuff into the attic? I have to admit here that it is sometimes annoying when Paul talks about such and such a thing that he has (in the attic that he hasn’t even seen since he moved here) because I have given up so much in order to be where I am today. I have learned, mostly because I haven’t had a real choice, that life isn’t about things, it’s about people. The paper dolls and formal dresses that were my mothers and Christmas ornaments and scrapbooks that have been left behind aren’t what life is all about; they aren’t what’s really important. Life does go on without these things. Really. And, I’ve learned one thing from Grandma: if things don’t get sorted out now, they will when I’m dead so why not do it now. All of these really cool things that Paul has in the attic have meaning to him but unless they are a part of his life outside the attic, they will have no meaning to anyone else and therefore will just be some of the weeds that get cleaned out when the time comes.
Right now the boys are all in various stages of being ready. Cedric is pretty much ready. Seth is almost ready. Joseph just finished eating and needs to get dressed. Amena did not miss the bus. I think I would like to go back to bed. By the time I have the opportunity, I won’t want to, but right now it sounds really nice. I think that means that I really should go to bed a bit earlier so that when I get up at 6:00 I’ve had closer to eight hours of sleep than six.

Also right now I have a load of laundry in the drier and I want some hot chocolate. Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment