Thursday, October 23, 2014

1025 (Boleslaw I Chrobry was 1st King of Poland from April 18 to June 17--pretty long reign)

Good morning! This is our second day of me getting up at 5:30 to make sure that Amena is getting up and ready for school and so far I like it better than the 5:00 and 5:55. I don’t mind getting up at 5:30; it’s amazing the difference that half an hour makes. As I was eating and checking email, etc., I looked at the time and decided that 5:30 is about perfect for doula shifts beginning at 7:00 in the morning as well because I’d be able to get done everything that I need to by 6:00 and then would have half an hour to get ready and go. Does that mean I won’t get things together tonight for tomorrow? I’m not sure yet. We do have a pack meeting this evening  and by the time we get home from that, I might want just to get boys to bed and go there myself.
So, what have we been up to the last couple of days? Well, I will tell you. More than we had to but not as much as we could have. With that in mind, have a great day!









Just kidding!!!

Tuesday Seth, Joseph and I went to Dunn Park after lunch to have our second field trip. That ended up being fun. At first the boys weren’t all that excited and several times told me that they wanted to go home. But it did get better and we had a nice hike and we all took some good pictures. I chose Dunn Park rather than Tully Lake because it was supposed to maybe rain and I didn’t want to be out walking in it without proper preparations and Dunn is both a shorter hike and closer to home so in my mind, it was perfect. This coming Tuesday is supposed to be nice (although that’s from when I looked yesterday so it may have changed) so if it is, I’d like to head to Tully Lake that day.

Yesterday was a half day. The younger boys (I can’t call them all the little boys anymore because they aren’t all so little) and I went to Julia’s so I could cut out animals for YW in Excellence decorations so we could glue them together at church. Julia hadn’t gotten home from work until 2:30 or 3:00 and was wasted. She finished a Monster and had breakfast while we were there and was still falling asleep while we were visiting and I was cutting things out.

By the time we got home, Amena and Cedric were both already there. Paul had been expecting a package and it arrived sometime between the time we got home close to 2:00 and when we left for church at 6:30. I was supposed to take it over to Ray when it did arrive but whoever delivered it didn’t knock or honk or anything to let us know it was here and when I saw it on our way out, there was no way I was going to take it then because I detest being late and it was already late in the day and it seemed unlikely that Ray would do anything with it that night. So I put it on the table and we left.
Paul says that he called several times beginning just after lunch to see if the package arrived but that the calls went straight to voice mail. My phone didn’t register any of them and I just looked to see if I could find anything on the Verizon website and there is nothing. So, it isn’t just that my phone didn’t register them, it’s that Verizon didn’t either. Why? Well, because either he didn’t really call or the weather was interfering with connectivity. Or maybe something else like they aren’t listed yet; it was just yesterday and today isn’t very old yet. Whatever the reason, there is only one call registered for yesterday and it wasn’t from his phone.
I posted the pictures from our Dunn Park experience on Facebook and Emily West asked if I’d ever heard of letterboxing and posted a link. I hadn’t ever heard of it but checked out the link and read lots about it. For those who are familiar with geocaching, it is similar to that, but different. It was begun in Dartmoor, England, 1854 by James Perrott. He was a guide and placed a bottle with his calling card along the banks of Cranmere Pond. In 1888, the bottle was replaced with a tin box and visitors left self-addressed postcards. In 1905, a logbook was added and the tin box was replaced by a zinc box. In 1907, it was suggested to use a rubber stamp. Now, people have their own trail name and stamp and it appears that most people make their own stamps which I think is a really cool idea. Letterboxers can hide their own boxes and provide clues to find them and can go out and look for boxes left by others. I think it sounds like a lot of fun and Seth and Joseph agreed so yesterday we decided to have Pitcherville Hobbits for our trail name. We are going to start looking for boxes as soon as two things happen: one, we have our own stamp (and of course I’m not satisfied to use one that we already have because they’re all store bought or go buy one because it would be store bought) and two, the rain to stop.
Yesterday afternoon wasn’t a good day to go buy things we need to make our own stamp because it was busy with other things but today might. I’m kind of hoping the boys want to get their work done quickly so we can go check things out.
And right now, Amena is gone, Cedric will be within half an hour. Cedric and Seth are still abed as is Paul. Paul said he’s been trying to get up earlier. I’m thinking he isn’t going to have much luck today because it’s dark and the bed feels nice. I am going to sign off for now.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment