Wednesday, October 1, 2014

916 (the year Anarawd ap Rhodri died)

Good morning! It is a beautiful rainy day out thus far.
After I woke up at 5:00 to get Amena up (which didn’t work), I fell back asleep and had a dream. In this dream, someone I know (from Massachusetts) was going to be in a movie with Mel Gibson as his wife. The movie was set in the past and required this girl to speak with an English accent (not to be mistaken for Irish or Scottish). In the movie, she and Mel had two young children and she became quite fond of them. So much so that she convinced someone else I know (from New Mexico) was going to help her kill the parents. For some reason, I had been living on the movie set with this girl and one morning I had to leave to go somewhere. This other girl from NM was sitting in a car near the entrance and another girl was sitting in another car at the end of the driveway. She had a sniper rifle. I just waved at them as I drove by and I was thinking that I was going to go report this activity and I woke up.

I just want it to be said that I’ve never watched any of Mel Gibson’s movies that take place in the past like Braveheart or The Patriot , there is no way on earth these two girls know each other, and in spite of the fact that the one in the movie wants children, I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t stoop to murdering the parents of some to get them, and the girl from New Mexico wouldn’t help kill someone like that. Gosh.

Our first field trip of the year was a success. I posted pictures on Facebook but will be sure to add some to the blog as well. It was a lovely day for a walk. There were at times a few sprinkles but they were so fine I could have said we were having a heavy mist. We took our lunch and next time we will take our lunch in a back pack so that we can eat it when we want it rather than when we are done. Although we could have gone back to the car and then done more exploring after we ate. Still, it worked out well the way we did it and the boys had fun and it was a nice day.

After that I went to visit Amy Troop. I think we will have some combined field trip/walk/hikes with them. What we walked on in part yesterday was the Midstate Trail and the same trail goes fairly near the Troops house. I’m not sure it could be likened to the Pacific Crest Trail (which I have been on parts of and would LOVE to take the boys on for a field trip) but maybe it could. It does traverse the middle of Massachusetts but you have to keep in mind that the entire state only 4,207 square miles larger than Siskiyou County (but the population is approximately 150 times greater [the population density of MA is 629.71/square mile compared to Siskiyou County at 6.96/square mile]).

Before we left for our field trip, the boys did school. That went well. Already I’m seeing changes in attitude and that is a wonderful thing to watch. They are both doing well with their new math levels and everything else is going pretty smoothly. Maybe I shouldn’t say that but overall, things are. We have our ups and downs but they vary from day to day and that is the way life is. Overall, I’d have to say that life is going pretty well in spite of the ups and downs. And that is the way it is.
Cedric had scouts last night. Two of the boys who did Cub Scouts with his group have rejoined and are in Boy Scouts now. That’s really a wonderful thing. Cedric and Ryan are working on Paul and there are some parents I guess working on his mom and/or dad so maybe he’ll be rejoining the group soon, too. Cedric really likes going and I’m glad.
While Cedric was there, I sat in the car like I usually do and worked on my Hywel and Cailin story. I did 1,675 words there and when we got home another 425. Then I went to bed because it was already too late.
Joanna, with and without Zak, was in and out getting papers and doing laundry yesterday. She left a plate of brownies once and they were very good. Her Jeep is still here because one of the wheels was really loose so she left it here until she could find a star wrench to tighten lug nuts up with. When she and Zak came back last night and finally did that, she forgot her keys so she couldn’t drive it home. I imagine she’ll be back sometime today to get it.
And today looks to be a fairly typical Wednesday. Unless practice is cancelled due to rain I’ll do my C25K while the boys are there. If it is cancelled, I’ll go do it once the boys are done with school. Joseph has scouts tonight so I’ll need to communicate with his den leader, Jonathan Brinker, about when and where I’ll be dropping him of and picking him up. It is also church so it should be a fun filled evening. Looking forward to the craziness.

Have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment