Friday, October 17, 2014

532 (appears to be the first year in which the Anno Domini calendar was used for numbering years)

Good morning!
We had a rainy day yesterday. Rainy and humid. The rain part was pretty okay. The humid part was pretty not okay.
School was school. Rain was rain. Thursdays are really low key days around here at the moment. They are the one day that we don’t have to go anywhere. No art. No PE. No scouts. No soccer. No church. Just school work and whatever else we feel like doing. Yesterday that included a lot of Legos and jumping on the trampoline in the rain. The boys were so wet when they came in that they made lakes in the dining room while they were eating lunch and puddles in the kitchen.

Today I have a doula shift so last night I got as ready as I possibly could with the minor exception of taking a shower before I went to bed.  I did do that once but generally I don’t like to shower at night for the following day. As is typical, the more prepared I am, the less likely it seems that there will be need for me to go in. There are two more Friday’s this month; we’ll see how they go. I think I’m going to do Friday 11 to 7 next month. That way I don’t have to worry about anyone watching the boys and if I do go in, I can sleep Saturday morning.
Today has already been more interesting than was yesterday. Cedric apparently didn’t shut the gate to the goat pen well enough and all but one of the kids got out. Seth and I got three in and I let Cedric get the last one.
Paul has a doctor’s appointment at 9:00 this morning and is still in bed. I think he leads a charmed life, or something. He likes to wait until beyond the last possible moment to leave and arrive on time and still he gets in and no one yells at him. I do my best to take into account anything that is likely to take time and usually am early or at least on time, but sometimes am late. No one ever really yells at me but still. And on the other hand, at the orthodontist office the receptionist did yell once over the phone when I was making an appointment for Daniel. He was tired of having to miss the last class of the day and all I wanted to do was make an appointment that would work with us leaving as soon as he got home at 2:30. She didn’t seem to understand that for me to go pick him up earlier meant that he would miss at least an hour and a half of school and would cause me to be driving more than two hours. You cannot tell me that there weren’t enough patients who lived and/or went to school closer who wouldn’t be missing so much school and wouldn’t have been driving so much. I’m really glad that I don’t have to deal with her any more. Daniel would be out of braces by now and so far no one else needs them.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment