Thursday, March 28, 2013

Attitude Break


Well, nothing like skipping AN ENTIRE WEEK!!! I have to admit that I have been struggling with a bad attitude and I did not want to share it. So, rather than thinking of it as having missed out on our last seven days, think of it rather as a blessing not to have had to listen to my rantings for the last seven days. I am not entirely sure I’m over the attitude, but I do feel much better.
In the last week I have been riding the recumbent bicycle in the livingroom at least 12 miles every day other than Sunday. When I’m done with that, I do my Pilates workout. In usually less than 75 minutes, I’m ready to get on with the rest of my day. Tomorrow, since I’m going in to kindergarten, I will have to start maybe before the kids leave on the bus to be sure I have time to shower, but I’ll still get it in. My new morning routine is also part of why I haven’t had time to write in the mornings and later in the day I’m usually busy with other things and/or don’t feel like making the effort.
Other than school and other related things, the last week was just a week so there really isn’t much to say about it. Friday Paul and I went to the Mexicali Grill in Spencer with the Dusty’s. That was nice. It gave me lunch for the following day which was also nice. Amena really really wanted to go to a Girl Scout overnighter at the Boston Science Museum but because it was a Saturday overnight, she did not go. She gave it her best shot right up to the last minute possible; if there is one thing to say for Amena, she is persistent. Laura is still working at Staples and Joanna is still working at Friendly’s.
Joanna had a bad day yesterday. It seems that there were lots of higher up management there as well as mystery eaters. She got one and everything was fine except that they’ve got a new policy of saying, “I’m sorry, it’s my fault,” when an order is wrong which I think is ridiculous if it wasn’t really your fault. It’s fine to accept responsibility if the fault lies with you but if it doesn’t, I think it should be okay to just fix the problem without blaming someone else. I guess the problem is that many servers will blame grill even when the server was the one at fault. Anyway, Joanna said the guy wanted no walnuts in his salad and wanted a different kind of dressing than what comes with it. That’s fine, she said she put it in the computer just like he wanted but when it was ready, her manager took it out to him because Joanna was busy. Joanna was at the next table and heard the exchange and knew that the dressing was not what he’d ordered. When she went to check on him later, he was picking walnuts out of the salad. Seriously? She was not a happy camper when she got home and I don’t blame her. Grill couldn’t read the order and neither could the manager. Joanna’s upset because now corporate is going to think she’s a sucky waitress and the reality is that she is one of the most conscientious ones there. Maybe the most. She owns up to her mistakes so I think she is justified in being annoyed about yesterday.
Cedric had soccer practice Tuesday but Laura took him and they ended up being very late so Cedric wouldn’t go in so they came home. Today he has practice as well and I’m taking him so all will be well.
I think that’s about it for now. I’m hoping I’ll have time to post some pictures soon because they’ve been collecting but I don’t know if that will happen today.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment