Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Do or Do Not


I sat down here to do this a few minutes again and then got sidetracked with laundry and then got sidetracked here rather than finishing the laundry. The laundry needs to be done so that I can have a shower and get ready for the day so I’ll be back shortly.
Okay. Clothes in the dryer drying. We are set. Or we will be as soon as they are dry.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I am loving Dr. Greenwood. I really wish that I’d’ve taken classes from him previous to this, my last, semester. Yesterday we had to write down three personal goals for Economics. Mine are:
Learning goal 1: I want to know as much about trade-offs as possible because LIFE is about budgeting time and I want to be the BEST soapmaking midwife EVER and in order to do, I need to effectively budget my time and resources.
Learning goal 2: I want to learn as much as possible about equilibrium—competitive equilibrium—because I need to know how much soap to make and how many clients to take and how much to charge.
Learning goal 3: I want to know as much as possible about financing because I don’t want to just meet the needs of myself and my family today, but forever (more or less).
You know what’s cool? On the paper we wrote these on, Dr. Greenwood has my favorite quote of all time: “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” –Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back.
In order to be the best midwife ever, what do I need to do? Well, it might help to apply for the program. So, that’s what I decided, yesterday  morning before class, to do. I didn’t get it done yesterday but I got the writing part done so now I just need to transfer the information to the application. Then all I have to do is find $50. Somewhere. Somewhere.
Right now my four youngest babies are gone. My second oldest son is being influenced by something that is not a full moon. So is my youngest daughter. Life has been rather interesting around here lately. I sometimes wonder exactly what it is that goes on at school because I know I don’t know the half of it. In spite of the fact that it is easier to send them to public school, I often wonder if it is the best choice.
Laura and Joanna are still abed. Paul is making his lunch. I am sitting here. We are expecting Elizabeth sometime in the next approximately 30 minutes.
Laura got a job! She went for an interview yesterday at the Staples in Leominster and was hired on the spot! So cool! It’s just part-time but it’s a job. She applied online (because that’s the only way to do it for Staples) for a job in Gardner but when she went in to the Gardner store to talk to the manager, she wasn’t impressed. I told her she should go to Leominster and talk to one. She did that last week and got the interview for yesterday and now she has a job. So exciting!
I hope everything is well with all of you and that you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment