Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oats


I have been negligent as of late. Joanna had to come home Monday rather than Tuesday due to the snow. She was not happy but the kitchen got cleaned and she attacked other problem areas.
Tuesday there was no school due to snow. That was fun. I ended up helping with the kitchen because I knew there really was no point in even attempting to get any school work done with everyone home. Even though they spent most of the day occupied with Lego’s and Harry Potter, I couldn’t’ve sat at the table while Joanna was cleaning.
Yesterday morning I was busy in the basement. I had no idea we had that much rice. Holy crud. I brought up a can of real, regular, as in not quick cooking, rolled oats before Paul left and he said that we need to use up the stuff we have in bags first. I am not quite sure he understands the difference between quick cooking and regular. Quick cooking are suitable for making cookies and bread. That’s it. They are absolutely disgusting eating as a cereal (although they can be okay in granola) which is why in the four years we’ve been here, I’ve had rolled oats twice. If they were regular, I’d’ve had them many more times than that. Talk about inferior food.
Yesterday was a half day at school so I didn’t get any school work done yesterday either. I didn’t get my project in the basement completely finished either but that won’t take too long since right now it’s a matter of putting things back on the shelves. I can tell you that our basement is not the greatest for keeping canned goods. One can I opened yesterday because the lid, where it had been labeled, was in such bad shape I couldn’t read it thinking if it was something I didn’t want I’d feed it to the goats. It was dehydrated onion. I do use those so I put them in a new can with a plastic lid. There were cans of TVP which is absolutely disgusting. Not to mention soybeans are the main ingredient and I avoid soy products. The goats love it so that’s where it’s been going.
On tap for today is a lot of reading and finishing the basement.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment