Friday, July 18, 2014

and

Good morning! A bit of a slow morning thus far but at least it’s a nice one so far. Temperature currently is at 65° and humidity 63%. I really, really like the temperature the humidity I would like halved.
Yesterday. Ah, it’s that word again. Funny how each day it means something exactly the same and yet completely different.
Yesterday  morning the boys and I watched Weird Al songs for probably half an hour and then I needed to get ready to go visit with Elizabeth and answer any questions she had about child birth classes. She is like a good midwife’s dream client and a doctor’s worst nightmare patient. She has done a lot of reading and research and asks really good questions and she expects honest answers. It’s absolutely wonderful. It is too bad that more women are not as vigilant when it comes to learning about pregnancy and birth.
When I got home from visiting with Elizabeth, it was almost lunch time so I warmed up some leftovers and we ate. Then I read and worked on Kim’s dress. I’ve got a final mockup of the bodice done and I need her to try it on. Once I see how it looks, and go shopping, I’ll be ready to get the whole thing done. That will nice.  I have decided that I’m going to cut out the skirt at church because I can put two of the log tables beside each other and have a much larger cutting surface than I can at home. If I add all the leaves to the table, I have a long enough surface but not really wide enough. The little bit of extra I’d have using the tables at church will be just enough to make the difference between a major pain in the patootie and just the normal pain of logistical cutting out.
Then it was time to take Cedric to the Troop’s for an air soft war. When we first got there only the Troop boys, Neil, the Green boys, and Hans were there. Cedric wasn’t too excited and didn’t want to get out of the car. I’d taken three bars of soap for Amy so I had to get out of the car. Hans went to get Cedric out and he pulled out his gun and pointed it at him. He’s such a twerp sometimes. He finally did get out and I think he was on his way to having a good time when we left.
When we got back from dropping Cedric off, it was just Seth, Joseph and me so I let them watch a movie while they ate ice-cream. I ate ice-cream too but read instead of watching a movie.
I’ve been reading Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block. It is an excellent book. I would love to quote just about the entire book but won’t because there just isn’t time or space here. However, if you are so inclined, it is not hard to read and is chock full of good information. I’m about half through it and would love to spend the day finishing but am afraid that there are other things I need to do as well so I don’t think that will be happening.
At 6:30 there was a baby shower for Mally. I’d love to tell you about her birth experience but am waiting for her permission to do so. She looks really good and feels really good and I was able to visit with her and some other women I wanted/needed to so it was all good.
Since Amena has spent the night at Sarah’s, I was going to take her with me after the shower but she and Sarah asked if Sarah could stay here last night. Then they hatched this idea of going to see The Fault in Our Stars. Sarah’s dad could drop them off at the theater and I could pick them up. It started at 9:15 and Amena told me that it would be over at 11:05. Ha ha. I got there at 11:02 and a group of people came out but not Amena and Sarah. I waited and waited and moved the car so I’d have a better view into the lobby of the theater. Finally I looked it up and saw that the movie did indeed begin at 9:15 but it was two hours and five minutes long so it wouldn’t be over until 11:20. So, I didn’t get to bed until more than an hour past when I normally would have and because I had to read before turning the light off, it was past midnight when I did. Which explains why my morning was a bit slow today.
After the shower, Seth and Joseph went with me to pick Cedric up. Jared had also gone as well as the twins and William. I don’t know if anyone else did or not. We gave Hans a ride home and when we got home it was time to bring the goats in and go to bed. Once the boys were in bed, I did laundry and dishes and picked up a bunch of garbage out of the bathrooms. That was pretty exciting.
And currently the boys are ostensibly putting away all of the many games that are out in the back room. They have that to do and then their bedroom. And if they think they’ll sneak away and play on the computer, they have another think coming because I put a password on the account they use. Hmmm. Should be a fun day.

Have a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment