Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Is it winter yet?

Good morning! Yesterday was a pretty nice day. The temperature never got unbearable (although it was certainly approaching that level) and the humidity was tolerable. Then, in the late afternoon, it clouded up and in the evening we had an awesome thunderstorm. A couple of hours later, we had another awesome thunderstorm. I knew that we had a flash flood warning but I didn’t know that we had a tornado warning until I took a look at Facebook before I went to bed and saw all the related posts and comments.
I went to see Elizabeth in the afternoon. She’s doing well. She wanted me to measure her belly and listen to the babies heartbeat so I did. I’m not very experienced at either and at 24 weeks, it’s harder to do both, at least for me because I don’t have that much experience, but it seems that she’s measuring pretty right on and I did hear a fleeting heartbeat. I also heard tummy noise and Elizabeth’s heartbeat. I also took her blood pressure (which I have had more experience with) and it was quite normal.
We stacked wood in the morning. In spite of Cedric and Amena balking at doing thirty minutes, that’s what we did. Cedric wanted to do fifteen and fifteen.
Right now I really don’t feel like sitting here and typing so I’m going to stop. I will probably be back later at least to post this. We shall see.
I ate breakfast and Seth, Joseph and I stacked wood for thirty minutes. I couldn’t find Cedric because he’d gone into the back room and fallen asleep on the mattress back there. Amena didn’t get out of bed in time to go help but she’s getting up now. Cedric took the goats out but is dragging his feet in a major kind of way about stacking wood. He needs music, he says. He needs this, that or the other thing, he says. Music gives him energy, he says.
The internet is incredibly slow this morning. I kind of wonder how much is due to it just being slow lately and how much is storm related. It seems that Hubbardston got of rather lightly when it comes to storm damage. Ashburnham has lots of trees down and was without electricity last night. Paul said there was a tree down on power lines at the end of our street but we never had any outages.
Some of the dishes got washed and I am quite ready to sit and vegetate all day. I don’t like summer. I see no reason why I should spend time doing things that people who like summer do. I don’t like sand. I don’t like heat. I don’t like humidity. Spring is okay, fall is okay, winter is wonderful. I like going to see the ocean about once every five years (although I do have to say that that includes going to a sandy beach—I could handle rocky beaches for exploring more often). I don’t like sweat.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment