Saturday, July 19, 2014

This

Good morning! It is lovely at the moment but that’s mostly because the temperature is 64° not because the humidity is 71%. What is the deal with higher humidity than temperature? Yuck. It is mostly cloudy and pretty  much our expected highs for temperature and humidity are almost a transposition of what we currently have: 76° and 61%. Is it time to move yet? Actually, I think we’ve covered that already; probably best not to again. At least not now.
Yesterday wasn’t the most exciting day but it wasn’t the most boring either. I do have permission to tell Mally’s birth story with you and that’s pretty darn exciting. I also have been reading more of Pushed and I have to say that I am somewhat disgusted with the United States and midwifery care.
Yesterday we got some laundry done. The boys did some general picking up of things here and there. Seth went to town and did quite a lot of sweeping. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom and soaked all the toothbrushes I could find in bleach water. Amena and I took Sarah home at 1:00. At between 5:10 and 5:15 we left to take Amena and Cedric to Toys R Us. We got there I think at 5:30 and I wasn’t even driving fast. Go figure that one. Anyway, Brock Miller was there waiting but no one else was there yet. Sarah and her dad arrived at 6:01 and then they were off. Amena went with them and Cedric went with Brock. Amena went home with Amanda Wood and spent the night and the Trivett’s brought Cedric home. I suppose they could have taken him to their house and we could have picked him up because we were still at SS Lobster when I called to see where he was because I’d gotten a phone message and text (I left my phone in the car—not sure why).
Going out to eat was interesting. We were going to go to the Soul Food place but after we parked and were beginning to disembark, Paul realized he didn’t have enough cash. They don’t take checks or plastic. So we went to a bank to try his debit card and the card wouldn’t work (it’s kind of falling apart). We went to another one and it worked. The streets are a fun mix of one way and two way so it isn’t always easy to get from one place to another even if you can see where you want to go. We went back to the restaurant, got out, and discovered that the door was locked. The lights were on, the open signs were lit, but the door was locked. Paul said there was a note that said he’d be back at 7:30 but it was already past that. So we went to SS Lobster and didn’t get there until 8:00 and there was a long line. We actually waited for probably five minutes outside before we got in and then waited another ten or so. And we won’t even discuss how long we waited for our food.
As for Pushed, you'll have to read about it and Mally's story on the other blog (Here).

No comments:

Post a Comment