Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Drippy Day


Well, a good morning to you! It is foggy and drippy (what’s happening outside can’t be considered rain but it is definitely drippy—kind of like the gathering of condensation [fog] on the roof until it’s heavy enough to fall off)  here in Hubbardston and a nice relatively warm 36°. We are supposed to get up to the low 50s today; we’ll see how that goes. It looks like we are warmer than both Bonners Ferry (standing at 32° currently) and Yreka (26°? Keep warm, Grandma!). However, Dublin, Ireland, where it is illegal to own a gun, is a sultry 42° and looks like rain. To be as green as it is there, they must get a lot of rain. More than I would care to live in.

Yesterday and the day before were pretty okay days. I lived through  my first Economics class and then my first Strategic Management class. Wow. Same professor, completely different classes. Already I want to go through the marketing plan I did for my marketing plan last semester and rework it. At least the SWOT analysis—there is so much more to that than listing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Wow.

It is really cool, I think, that not only is there someone I know in my Economics class (two actually), but one of them is in my group (lots of group projects in both classes). The other person I know in Economics is in my SM class and she and I are in the same group. So, pretty cool.

Today I have Economics and there is a paper due. I need to go print it out but thought I’d check in here first since I neglected to do so yesterday. I was working on the paper instead of writing here so I think my absence is excusable. Today I need to finish up an accounting assignment and start on another. And do some reading. A LOT of reading.

AD, it is nice to hear that you are involved in music. One of the things I often think of in conjunction with you is music. Speaking of such things, Cedric has decided that he wants to play the saxophone in band. I may have found someone who has one we can use, if not, I’ll have to rent one for him. I hope he keeps with the violin as well because I think they are incredibly versatile and beautiful.

Joseph gets to go to the Carriage House this afternoon/evening for the first time this school year. He’s had some behavioral issues this year and although they seem to be dissipating for the most part, I hope that returning to the Carriage House might fix the residual issues.

Currently, I am ready to be off to do other things so I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment