Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

 
Happy New Year!!!
 
I'm just finishing up the old year with some pictures from December and a few words about our New Year's Eve Celebration. My mother pooped out and went to bed. No surprise there. I dropped Laura and Amena off at Trivett's and then went to pick Joanna up from work. I took a book with me in case she didn't get off at 7:15 like she was scheduled to. Well, she didn't. She didn't get off until after 9:00 so it's a good think that I took a book. I read more than 50 pages of The Fellowship of the Ring. Which was nice. I don't often get to read that much in one sitting. Meanwhile at home, everyone there watched G-Force. When Joanna and I finally got home and that movie was over, we made dip and ate chips and dip and then watched Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed. By the time that was done, it was about midnight so everyone was sent to bed and I went to get Laura and Amena. Pretty simple. Pretty quiet. Pretty okay with me.
 
Making cookies on December 26th.
 
Same cookies baked.
 
Chewy Choc-Oat Chip Cookies, Andes Peppermint Chunk Cookies, Andes Mint Chunk Cookies.
 
 
Plain old sugar cookies.
 
Not-so-plain-old-sugar cookies.

The screen house on December 27th.
 
Seth doing a bit of shoveling on December 27th.
 
The screen house again but the next day. Notice the effects of the shining sun. 
 
Some projects are meant to be begun but not finished. This is one of them. It was a good idea but the yarn is just not suited to the project so it will be used for something else and new yarn will be found for this particular project.

The ceiling in the back room. I love it!

The floor in the back room. I love this too!

Some of our lights outside.

The tree on the left. I love the purple lights.

I was trying for more of the lights but got more of the snow. Matters not; I like it.

Laura being Laura. The back room was too cold, I guess and she came out of hibernation to join the rest of us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment