Friday, January 25, 2013

Hot Chocolate and Cheesecake


And a good morning to you! Sunny and clear again with the mercury dipping below freezing but at least not below 0° F. It is a relatively balmy 6° in Hubbardston, MA. A perfect morning for enjoying a piece of birthday cheesecake and a cup of hot chocolate to which two spoons of fake coffee have been added. Also a good day to boil a couple of ham bones in order to turn them into soup or something tomorrow. The ham will be used for this and that until it is gone beginning with tonight with gravy and maybe tomorrow with noodles and broccoli.

Having finished my internship, I figured it was high time to begin applying for jobs so yesterday while I was out and about, I dropped off a cover letter and resume to go with an application at Heywood Hospital. It is nearby and the position I applied for is only 20 hours/week. I think I could handle that and school and family. I’d really like to find something that is about one day/week.

The white car (it is a Prizm) was insured and registered yesterday. Laura was pretty excited. She went picked up Ellie Armstrong and they went to watch The Hobbit. She got a headlight and was attempting to replace it before taking Ellie home but it was proving to be more difficult than she anticipated so I took Ellie home in the red Prizm. I had just enough gas in the tank to get home and I figured I’d have to get some today otherwise be able to go nowhere. On my way home, Paul called and said to go pick him up at Robbie’s because he’d broken down. He isn’t sure what is wrong with the Jetta but it is not functioning currently. We got gas and came home and he told me that he’d first called the house and Laura had set out to get him but because it was so cold, the hood hadn’t latched properly and so it flew up and now needs to be replaced. The moral of the story: yesterday was a bad day for white cars.

Today I have much reading to do in order to have everything read that needs to be for classes next week. I already have my assignments for accounting so I need to get going on them because they are due at the end of next week.

That’s about it. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment