Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Tricks Children Play


Oh, the tricks children play! Cedric came to me a bit ago and said, “Mom! Seth is in the bathroom getting his hair wet in the sink!” This while the shower was going. I went upstairs to find out what was going on and Seth did indeed have the shower on (you can’t miss it—it sings) as well as the water in the sink. I opened the door to find a fully dressed Seth with a semi-wet head and a towel around his neck. I made him get in the shower and had Cedric take him a wash cloth with instructions to scrub. And then scrub some more. I wonder if he did this last week as well. . .

Well, it’s been a few days. Today is a wonderful day because it is the day that one of my favorite cousins was born. Happy Birthday, David! I hope your day has been and continues to be as enjoyable for you as it is for me when I have a really good draw.

The week has been eventful and long and short and busy and crazy and everything else all rolled up in one. I do like drawing blood. I do not like missing and have yet to have a day with no misses. It is somehow reassuring, however, when I do miss and the phlebotomist who has many years’ experience also has a hard time successfully finding a vein. It is annoying when I am right there and miss because I did not properly anchor a vein.

Yesterday was pretty awesome. I told Bridgette that I wouldn’t see anyone I knew because I just don’t know anyone in Worcester. Yesterday, however, an older gentleman walked in and behind him was a woman I knew. Her name is Karen and she is the grandmother of a boy who was in the group that Joanna and Amena were in at the Carriage House. The only reason I wanted Amena to go was so I could visit with Karen because she is one of the most authentic people I know. She reminds me of a cross between Gammy and Grandma. She often spoke of her uncle George and it is he who walked into the lab. It was Bridgette’s turn so I got to visit with Karen briefly. As it turns out, the woman who is in charge of that group never got ahold of her and so they haven’t even gone this year so I haven’t missed anything. That was cool.

There is so much more that I could say but I just don’t feel like it. Perhaps you might remind me to tell you about the bonds if I feel like.

I hope your week has been splendiferous! Hopefully I’ll be back before next Saturday (I should be—I should be done with my internship Wednesday).

No comments:

Post a Comment