Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sunshiny (although cold and windy) Day


Good morning! Do you ever just not feel like doing something? That’s how I’ve felt the last couple of days about writing; I just don’t feel like it. I thought that it might be nice to keep you up to date in spite of this so today might be short (although not as short as yesterday) but it will be.

The sun is coming up and there are clouds and it is very pretty this morning. Still cold. We haven’t warmed up to freezing for days and I don’t think our forecast indicates we will until sometime next week. It’s also windy out this morning which makes me very glad that I do not have to be out for anything. I wouldn’t mind going out and exploring on skis but the wind kind of makes me hesitant.

Yesterday morning the Troops came over and I made soap. That was fun. I want to make more soap. I need to make lip balm as well because we’re all out and I just can’t bring myself to buy it at the store when I know I can make better. I picked Amena up early from school so she could go to Walmart and get a few things for her birthday party. Laura mixed up a cake and it was just about done when we got home. That turned out well. I finally made it up to the attic (which was very cold) yesterday evening and went through the scrubs. There are a lot but as we are to wear ‘neutral’ colors and designs and most of the tops are button or snap up (which I do not wear because I do not like them), there are only three tops I would consider and two of the tops are questionable. The bottoms are all too short. The woman who had these must not have been very tall.

Amena’s party turned out to be the triplets for one reason and another. That is okay. I think only one of them slept last night. I came down to let the dogs out and Amena and two of them were in the bathroom. I asked if they slept at all and Amena said, “No.” I wonder when she’ll crash.

I think Paul just turned the shower on.

On my agenda for today is going to Salvation Army to see if they have any scrubs I think would work. I know they have some but it depends on what size and color they happen to have at the moment. If they don’t have any (which I hope they do), I would like to go to the Walmart in Lunenburg because they have some. Actually, I might try the Walmart here first just because it’s closer and I don’t want to be gone all day. I also need to make Creamy Honey Oat Bars because we made the chunks yesterday and I won’t be able to get to it until next Saturday if I don’t do it today (unless I want to do it after children go to bed during the week which I really don’t). I also would like to make lip balm, as I mentioned already. I think that is enough. I’ll let you know tomorrow how it all goes. I’d also like to make a recipe for Neapolitan soap bars and maybe do some reading and knitting. We’ll see. It would be fun to get some pictures of the soapmaking since I didn’t yesterday and the lip balm making.

Have a WONDERFUL day!

No comments:

Post a Comment