Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shot


Good evening! Highlight of my phlebotomy day: twenty-one successful venipunctures and only one not successful. There was another I could have tried but did not want to. Bridgett did and was not successful. As I recall, even an experienced phlebotomist had trouble with that one. Glad I didn’t give it an attempt.

Other than that, I do not have any interesting stories to tell. Even though today was a good day and I enjoy phlebotomy, I will be glad for this internship to be over.

Oh, I have one thing of slight interest. We were supposed to either get flu shots or wear masks. Neither Bridgett nor I had had a shot but neither of us were going to say anything. Today Frank asked if we’d had them, we had to say no, he said then we have to wear masks (only when actually interacting with patients—not all the time). I don’t like masks. They make my glasses fog up and all that warm air makes my nose run. Therefore, I picked Amena up, we came home, we ate while everyone was getting ready to go to church, I dropped everyone off (except Jonathan and Joseph) and went to CVS to see if I could get a flu shot. I could not because they’d given their last one earlier that day. Price Chopper might be open and had some. We went there. They did. I got one. I can’t believe I did this. How idiotic. Oh well.

Hope you had a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment