Saturday, February 22, 2014

544 Word Day

Good morning! It’s a lovely sunny day until you look at the ground and see the ice and slush. Yuck.
Yesterday was an interesting day. Actually, most days are interesting, depending upon how we look at them. Yesterday  morning we had Rachel and Sarah. They left around noon. Sarah first and then Rachel. Neither of their parents wanted to brave the ice in the driveway (I don’t blame them—I am not overly fond of ice in the driveway either). Then Amena was invited to a birthday party in Hardwick.
I needed to get gas and Joanna had given my $25 for gas but I figured I had enough to get Amena to the birthday party and then I could get gas either on my way home or when I went to pick Joanna up. I looked at google maps for directions and thought they looked alright. Then I used the GPS and what fun that ended up. It told me to turn on a road that is not maintained so we had to keep going and ended up driving in circles. That was a blast. I was about ready to give up but didn’t and we ended up being very close to where we needed to be.
On the way home I took another route that took me through Gardner so I got gas then. When I got home, Zak was here. He was going to take Joanna’s tire off. I showed him where the jack is and we found a star wrench but he couldn’t find the key for the lug nuts. Then it was time to pick Joanna up. Joanna hasn’t seen the key since she took it to Ray’s when he was working on her brakes.
I left shortly after 6:00 to pick Amena up. I wasn’t going to go the same way so I took off in the direction I wanted to go and made the GPS catch up with what I was doing. It worked and I got there and their driveway was a bumpy sheet of ice. Fun. It wouldn’t have been too bad if I’d’ve been able to park up by the house but there were something like four vehicles there already so I had to maneuver up the hill. I used the vehicles for hand rails.
The family of the girl whose party it was has goats and cows and an awesome wood cook stove in the kitchen. Maybe I should clarify; the goats and cows do not live in the kitchen, only the wood cook stove does. I would so love to have one like it.
I did get home later than I wanted to which kind of limited where Paul and I could go out to eat. We dropped Cedric off at the West’s because the Young Men were congregating there and playing video games. We ended up going to SS Lobster which was the way it always is—dirty tables that you have to wash and excellent food. We were going to pick Cedric up on the way home but when we stopped, it turned out that most of the YM were staying overnight so Cedric wanted to as well.

And that was the day, more or less. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment