Tuesday, February 18, 2014

and

Good morning! If we weren’t in the middle of Winter Break or February Vacation or Presidents’ Week or whatever the heck you want to call it, we might be having an early release or maybe even no school today. That in spite of the fact that the snowflakes have just begun their descent to earth. I’m guessing childbirth ed may be postponed for tonight as well but I’m not going to hold my breath.
Seth in his new fort.

I’m also not holding my breath about our plans for tomorrow night. I didn’t realize for some reason that we were going to be doing our cleaning the church this month so the Young Women had made other plans for the combined activity for tomorrow night. Those plans were put on hold, actually postponed, in order to clean the church (it’s a Catholic church in Fitchburg). The plan also was to park at the Valdez’s and walk to the church because it’s only a block or so away. I looked on Google maps yesterday and it’s actually about a mile and a half away so I’m glad we are considering parking in the church parking lot. The time has also changed. Anyway, I’m not one for holding my breath so I’m not.
Interesting to note, however, is that someone said that this church is close to the Beaudette’s as well and it’s about a mile and a half away from their house as well. And depending on how you go, it’s about a mile and a half from the Valdez’s to the Beaudette’s. Walking distance for sure but maybe not after dark when it’s supposed to be possibly raining?
Yesterday I went to the Verizon store and picked Elizabeth up on my way. Other than being at Verizon for more than two hours, it was nice visiting with Elizabeth. She and Jonathan are doing well. I discovered that they just live a couple of houses away from the Colon’s. I miss seeing the girls at church; especially Emily. I had her in my Primary class and she always had something interesting to say.
Anyway, I got a new phone. I wanted something that was not terribly expensive. Well, the one I got was free not counting taxes which were outrageous. There’s always the upgrade fee as well. The two together were $58.12. I kind of wanted to get a screen protector and case but they would have brought the grand total up to $98. Not happening. They wanted to sell me the add-on package which includes the screen protector, case, and car charger but I have a car charger that will work so I see no reason to get another. I did, however go for the free (all things are relative, you realize) tablet. I had to pay the taxes, of course, and I’m sure they’ll want me to get this and that to go with it. I’ll go for the screen protector but as for a case, I think I’ll get one off Amazon because they’re about $80 cheaper. Anyway, I got a Droid Mini which is somewhat awesome because I’ve wanted a Droid for a while (just because of the name which is kind of dumb but the way it is). The only problem is that Backup Assistant doesn’t work so all my contacts have to be put in again. That’s okay, really, it will just take a while.
Cedric just came in with two very large icicles. He reports that one of them was about a foot longer but it broke off and there are longer ones yet out there. He and Seth are outside right now devising ways to get icicles from the top of the roof; the ones Cedric got were just on the porch.
In other news there isn’t much to report. I wanted to finish the shawl I’m working on yesterday so I could sew today but the time I spent at Verizon somewhat precluded finishing anything so I’m hoping today to finish the shawl. I’ll give it a good go, at any rate.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment