Saturday, February 8, 2014

Haruini Shawl

2/8 As some of you know, my mother was out for a couple of weeks. It has become a tradtion for us to visit a wonderful yarn/fiber/knitting/crocheting/weaving/spinning store in Northampton called Webs when she comes out. We took Grandma there when she came out as well (that was actually the first visit for all of us). I'm looking forward to taking Becky there whenever she and Jay get around to visiting (hoping for August) and I wouldn't mind taking Marie there but I'm not holding my breath.
Anyway, my mom got me some lovely yarn and I have begun construction of a shawl with it. I'll document my progress here. The pattern is called Haruini and I don't remember if I got it from KnitPicks or Ravelry but it calls for KnitPicks yarn and if you are interested, I'm sure you could search the name and find it.

This was at the end of day one.
And at the end of day two.
At the end of day four. Day three saw some progress; day four only added two rows.
At the end of day five. How do you like the color change with angle and lighting?
As you can see, progress is being made. I sometimes like to take a look at what my rate of progress has been and estimate when it will be finished but I haven't done that yet. It kind of takes away from the potential progress, you know.
At the end of day six. 
I'm not sure how obvious the rows I did yesterday are but I did get some done. Six or eight, I think. Only 30 rows to go before I start on Chart B. Don't think it'll happen today but hopefully soon. I love to watch as I pull the yarn out of the center of the ball. I'm thinking it's time for a ligher blue soon but because the yarn is a two ply made from individually hand dyed strands, who knows what will come out.
Ball of yarn at the beginning.

Ball of yarn after day eight.
At the end of day seven.
I actually stopped at the center on day eight.
I didn't really stop here, I just wanted to show a picture of something monumental: I finally got to the ligher blue (which you can see) and I finished the first chart (which you can't really tell).
I was hoping you'd be able to see the color variations.
2/24 Well, the good news is that this project is going to see itself completed in less than twenty days in spite of the fact that I didn't work on it each of those days. The other good news is that the next pictures I post will be of the finished product.

You can see the lighter blue stripe here. 

Ends woven in and everything.

Leftover yarn.

All done and drying.
Up close of the point.
2/25 All done! Pretty awesomely cool in my book if for no other reason than it's only the third thing I've ever actually finished other than socks. Now I'm ready to tackle something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment