Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Friday (the 7th)

Good morning! Yes, I fell off the face of the earth. And coming back is a rude awakening, indeed!

The boys are having trouble getting ready this morning. I should clarify that: Seth and Joseph are having trouble getting ready this morning; Cedric is ready and has been encouraging his brothers to hurry up and finish. It is currently 7:24 and the bus should be here in about 15 minutes. Cedric doesn’t like being late and he doesn’t like his brothers to be either.
Bath, anyone?

Having my mom here was like having my mom here. She was supposed to leave on Wednesday but for once, the forecasted storm that was supposed to happen actually happened and we got somewhere near a foot over the course of the day. Her flight wasn’t cancelled or postponed but because she was flying in or through the Midwest and northeast, she was able to reschedule and left yesterday. I guess she arrived safely; she didn’t send me any messages so I don’t know for sure. She did say she’d most likely find a hotel and drive home today. Considering the fact that her flight was supposed to get in about 9:30, I think that would be a good idea.
What's left of the monkey bridge spanning the 'creek.'


Yesterday when I got home from Manchester, I looked for my gators and then went for a walk in the woods. I wanted to find some water because I really like pictures of water but our little creek is snowed over so I had to walk down to the bigger creek. 
One of the trees near Daniel's grave.
Sun through the trees.
Straight up.


No comments:

Post a Comment