Friday, July 27, 2012

Cloudy Friday

A little bit late this morning. There are two loads of laundry on the table needing to be folded and everyone was eating around them so there wasn’t room for me to sit down earlier and I didn’t feel like taking my laptop somewhere else; mornings at the table are just too interesting to miss.

Our trip to the dentist was not bad. The weather, as it often does, changed so Joanna took her scooter to work so we didn’t have to squish in the Jetta and she didn’t have to go to work half an hour early. I think the boys are getting older. Because there were no older children at home, I couldn’t leave anyone home so they all had to go. I really was not looking forward to this because I know how they behave sometimes. However, amazingly, they were good. Cedric went in first, then Amena, and then me. Other good news—no decay (what happened to cavities?)

Yesterday afternoon Adam came over for a bit. He usually has Ryan but since he worked the night before and had to work again last night, he only had him for a few hours. He came over before and then again after (in time for cheesecake, of course) before leaving to go home for a nap before work.

We had macaroni and cheese for supper with salad. I couldn’t fit much in because I’d had two cups of milk and then two cups of tea (Paul got this really good berry iced tea—children like it way too much). I managed to eat a piece of cheesecake though. The boys were so busy being silly and misbehaving during supper that they lost cheesecake privileges. Last night I divided the remaining blueberry cobbler for Paul and Laura’s lunches today. This morning I added a piece of cheesecake to each and put another piece in another container (for Blair). That leaves only one piece and Seth thought that wasn’t fair. I told him that they gave up cheesecake, period, not just for the night but for the entire cheesecake. Maybe because they were so good in the morning they had worn it out and couldn’t do it in the evening. Whatever the case, once we were done with supper, we had prayer and read scriptures and they got to go to bed.

Last night we got a little rain. Nothing like the downpours we were told to expect leading to torrential flooding but some. Enough to make the ground look wet. Today is overcast and I’m not sure what the forecast is but it’s certainly more humid today than it was yesterday. The temperature isn’t bad.

The goats were good for milking. The biggest problem lately has been that Goldilocks doesn’t want to let the kids nurse after milking. There is no way I strip her so it’s just a matter of her not wanting to be touched. However, since the kids need milk, her behavior is not acceptable. The day before yesterday, Laura held her hind legs so they could eat. Yesterday I did. Both days she jumped and kicked and generally did not make it easy. Today, I held her again and while she did try kicking, she didn’t do any jumping so it wasn’t nearly as bad. Must be good for the hand and arm muscles, though.

Today we don’t have much going on. I need to make a copy of my driver’s license and take it and a couple of papers up to the Mount. Other than that, I need to stop at Walmart to get some more allergy pills and see if they have any more big bags of potting soil. I am ready to get some work done on Daniel’s gravesite.

Seth just announced that Adam just got here and indeed, he just drove up and he has Ryan with him. Funny because Paul and Laura have yet to leave. I’m not sure what they’re doing (Paul and Laura—when Adam needs to sleep, he sometimes comes here when he has Ryan because Ryan can play with the boys while Adam sleeps). Oh, well, with that, I believe it is time to sign off. Have a splendiferously wondrous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment