Sunday, July 22, 2012

Typical Sunday Morning

Good morning! Good morning! It’s a beautiful day! The canines and I had a nice walk around the garden and field this morning. The goats were full of it for milking. A fly was bothering Snowflake so she dumped out half of the milk; luckily, she was first in the lineup this morning. When Laura and I went out, I looked in their water bucket to see if they were out, which they were. What I was not expecting was the dead rat in the bucket! Yuck! I picked it up by the tail with a couple of dried out paper towels (I use them to clean udders of debris before milking) and threw it over into the rubble heap where the old barn was.

Since Ryan stayed here Friday night, we knew that Adam would have to show up at some point in time. He’s been getting off at all kinds of hours (which he doesn’t mind because it makes his paycheck bigger) so we didn’t know for sure when he’d arrive. I’m not sure when he did but he’d obviously taken a shower before and when he got here, he promptly found a couch and took a nap.

Before lunch, while there was still shade in front of the screen house, Laura and I applied a spade, hoe and rake to the area I plan on planting some plants that are ready to be planted. I was hoping to get things planted last night before bed but it didn’t happen. At least it’s ready to go tomorrow morning.

We had leftovers for lunch. Paul was working on the foundation of the chicken coop and Nick was helping him. After they ate, Adam and Laura went out to hurry the process up. I wanted to go get the blueberry picking done but I think Paul wanted to go so he wanted the cement work to be done. When it was, he and Nick ate and then we all went to pick blueberries

There are a lot of wild blueberry plants (trees and bushes) along the highway and an old driveway. It’s pretty swampy along there. In a normal year, there would be a lot more water and I’m sure there would have been more bugs. If that were the case, I don’t think I would have willingly stayed out for two hours picking. As it was, we got about three quarts. That isn’t as many as I was expecting but I really thought there would be more than there were. There would have been more but Paul said that people have been picking along there for about a week.

After that, we came home and had tuna sandwiches for supper and then went to Comet Pond. Joanna and Amena got home in time to go blueberry picking but didn’t want to go swimming. Joanna said that after spending a week outdoors, she wasn’t too excited about spending a couple more hours outdoors. The water was pretty cool due to the cooler temperatures Thursday. Yesterday was warmer but not enough so to warm the water up much. However, there was a pretty good breeze as well so it was definitely better to stay in the water.

Once we were home, Adam had to take Ryan to his mother’s which is in Gardner so he took Nick home as well since that’s where he lives. Once little boys were in bed, Paul, Laura, Joanna and I had some of the chocolate cheesecake and it was yummy! I think I’ll have to make it again sometime.

Currently, Joanna is ready for church but went back to bed. Amena is in her room or in the bathroom, somewhere upstairs at any rate. Seth and Cedric are at the table eating and Joseph is at the sink to wash his dishes and saying that he has to go to the bathroom; a common occurrence. Laura is cleaning up her mess from making milkshakes and Paul is upstairs getting dressed. I need to shower and get ready.

And so you are up to date on us. Have a splendiferously wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment