Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Good Tuesday Morning!

Good morning one and all! It is a beautiful day here in spite of the fact that it is supposed to get up in the 90’s and we have warnings to avoid cooking and baking. I’m cool with that.

I’m sitting here trying to remember what happened yesterday that is noteworthy. Not a whole lot. Amena and I went out and about yesterday after lunch because I needed to pick up a note from the doctor for her to take to girl’s camp so she could take her inhaler and be allowed to use it (it’s absolutely ridiculous how many papers and notes these kids [oooops! Did I say that?) need in order to go to camp. We went through the same thing with Daniel last year for Scout camp and now this year for the girls. Good grief. That isn’t the worst of it, either. The doctor’s office is supposed to be open from 8:00 to 4:00. We arrived at about 1:45. The door was locked. Really? Come on! The door was locked and the lights were off and there was no notice on the door; nothing. Amena wanted to stop at the dollar store and Walmart on the way home to get some more do-dads to take to camp for her secret sister and such. That girl knows how to take her time in the store. I think we got home around 3:30. Holy crud.

The kids, George and Fred, are doing well. Did I mention who named them and where their names came from? If so, you can answer the following question easily (if not, you might have to guess): Who can tell me where their names came from?

We’ve developed a routine that works for now and ought to until they are weaned. I go out and milk at 7:00 and do Goldilocks last. While she’s being milked, Snowflake and Princess are taken out to be staked. Then Fred and George are brought out to the goat pen so they can have breakfast and they get to stay out with mama for about an hour. Then Goldilocks gets to go out and be staked and the kids get to stay in the goat pen. When it gets too hot in the pen, they get to come up on the front porch in a good sized wire dog crate. Around 11:00, they get to go down for lunch and stay for about an hour. Around 3:00 they get to have an hour-long afternoon snack. After supper, Goldilocks is brought back and she and the kids get to have an hour together before Fred and George are put to bed in the crate and the other goats are brought back up. Eventually, in a couple of weeks, we’ll go to three feedings a day so they’ll start going down just after lunch and after we do that for a couple of weeks, they’ll go to two feedings. Then it will be weaning time and we’ll be flooded with milk.

This morning Amena left for camp. Paul took her to church. They needed to pick up the note from the doctor. I called to make sure one) it was there, and two) they were going to be open. Then I called back to let them know that Amena would actually be picking the note up. Just before they left, I got a phone call asking where she was. They were supposed to meet at the church. Paul was told at 10:00. I was told 9:30. Amena was told 9:00. I think some people had conflicting times here. Anyway, she should have been dropped off by now and they ought to be on their way. It is going to be strange this week with no Amena or Joanna. Just me and Laura and a bunch of boys.

I am afraid I have nothing else terribly important or interesting to tell you right now. How exciting.

AJ, purple curtains! How cool! I love purple. I always think of you when I see a really pretty purple fabric or yarn (or car!). I think I might try bacon with the liver next time. That does sound good. I had no idea that with MS you should avoid organ meat. How interesting. Do you know why? (Just curious.) I agree about the kids. And children. Even when not much is going on, something always is.

AD, high gear has left me. It’s too darn warm and humid. I think all the water that’s evaporating from the lakes and rivers is in the air here. It’s terrible. I’m hoping for some rain even though it’s not in the forecast. Speaking of rain, Paul called from work yesterday and said it was pouring and humid as heck and the rain was actually warm. Yuck. (And, I was going to mention, blogs are kind of like online journals. They’re kind of cool, I think.)

Grandma, we have a bunch of green tomatoes. Nothing ripe yet. I do like the blog idea but I plan on emailing you anything I post on a blog. You happen to be the person we all have in common and I think it’s safe to say we all love you tons. If it weren’t for you, it wouldn’t be nearly as fun doing this. Also, I was going to ask if there is a reason why plants ought not to get water on their leaves during the day? I’m just curious about this because Paul thinks that if they get watered when the sun is up, leaves shouldn’t get wet and I had never heard anything like that before.

            PS I also have another blog, My Winding Road to Midwifery. If anyone would like to take a peek at it, please do. Just be warned that there may be things there that some may find offensive just because I am not going to hold back and not say what I think upon occasion just because someone may be offended. We are all entitled to our own opinions and ought not to be afraid to express ourselves. Here’s the link: http://www.mywindingroadtomidwifery.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=12

No comments:

Post a Comment