Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tweety-Bird Day

Now today is a nice morning. While there is no dew again, the temperature is finally nice. According to the internet, we are at about 67 degrees at the moment and that is about what it feels like. Our forecast indicates, for what it’s worth, that we should only get up to the high 70’s. Now, if we could just add some rain in there, I would be quite satisfied with that part of life.

In the mornings and evenings, we get serenaded by this cute little robin. He sits up on the corner of the house and sings, “tweety-bird, tweety-bird, tweety-bird.” This morning he was joined by a couple of doves as well.



Scooter's haircut was started yesterday but her hair is so thick and it collects dirt like crazy so she dulls clippers really fast. I got a section almost the size of a dinner plate cut and the clippers would cut no more. I went to scissors then and got more done but that’s not so easy so I soon gave up on that as well. Now she has a rather funny-looking hair cut which will need to be remedied. I may get some new clippers today if/when we go to the library but since that will be after a shower, I most certainly will not be cutting. Tomorrow, perhaps.

Yesterday would have been a good day to go to water somewhere. The only problem is that I don’t really like to go during the day due to the sun and heat and people. Comet Pond’s problem would be the people. Due to where the beach is situated, I don’t think the sun would be too bad. At Goguen’s the sun is an awful problem. Early in the day there is plenty of shade but as the day wears on, the shade goes away as the temperature goes up. This leads to overheating and sunburns. I think today will be a good day to go to the library. The only problem with that is that Seth will want to go to Walmart. I have no desire to go there—it may be my least favorite place to shop.

As it was, Adam came over and took Laura and Cedric with him to BJs. He works there and needed to put in a request for time off. Laura wanted to get some frozen fruit with which to make milkshakes. Cedric really wanted to go to Walmart but I think he was happy enough to get a couple bags of tortilla chips. While he was gone, Seth and Joseph played with Daniel’s Legos. I went to hide out in my bedroom where it is cooler and read in my journals about Daniel and Amena’s births. Life was even worse than I remember.

We had tacos for supper and when we were done Cedric had to help Seth with the dishes because it was Seth’s day and I’d done them the day before for Cedric. I wasn’t looking forward to taking Laura, Cedric and Seth to church for Institute and Scouts but was getting ready when Adam (who hadn’t left after returning with Laura and Cedric) said, “I’m still here.” So he took them which was very nice. I let Joseph watch the Veggie Tale movie The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything and he was quite content. I read Falls the Shadow and then began typing up Daniel’s Birthday story and then Amena’s.

Becky called to tell me that Doug Vaniman had passed away in the afternoon shortly after 3:00. What a shock that was/is. It was something of a shock when Diane’s brother-in-law passed away just a couple of months ago. He’d not been feeling well so he’d gone to the doctor or hospital. Doug had been talking to him on the phone and within minutes of the end of the conversation, he was dead. Doug had been at work with three of the boys and he collapsed. It appears that he had a heart attack. Life is so short and yet we spend so much time on stupid, inconsequential things.

I just got off the phone with Diane. Daniel was with Doug working and reported that Doug actually collapsed closer to 2:00. They worked on him with CPR for quite some time and he wasn’t pronounced dead until 3:00. Diane, having experienced the death of a child, says that this is much harder because when Aaron died, they had each other; now her other half is gone. However, however hard this is, she knows that she will get through it. At times like this, I wish that I had so much money I could never hope to spend it all because I would be on my way to Idaho. Anyway, I feel that I am a better person for having known Doug.

Here is the link to Joanna’s Birthday story if you'd like to read it: http://www.mywindingroadtomidwifery.blogspot.com/2012/07/it-wasincredibly-hot-summer-joanna-was.html.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment