Friday, July 20, 2012

Cool Friday

Good morning!

Yesterday after lunch we went to the library. Cedric needed to check out Because of Winn Dixie to read for school in the fall. I got three books to read aloud to the children: The Great Brain, Little Britches, and Over Sea, Under Stone. I also got a couple of Minnie and Moo books for Seth to read to Joseph. Other than that, Cedric, Seth and Joseph each picked out some books. Nick met us at the library and came home with us. His grandma was leaving this morning early and he was going to come over today anyway so he just came over yesterday to stay. He’s staying tonight as well ostensibly the ‘help’ Laura babysit. Realistically, they’ll be talking/doing Dungeons and Dragons stuff.

After the library, we went to Walmart. Seth and Joseph had some gift cards burning holes in their pockets and Cedric had to blow the rest of his money. Joseph still has another gift card. Seth does too, but it is now mine because the one he took had less than a dollar on it. I needed to get clippers to attempt to give Scooter the rest of her haircut. I may do that today, I may not. I really would like to give her a bath first and I really do not want to do that today. Anyway, the boys all Legos—three of the same set. I guess they should not be arguing about them or saying, “I want that,” or “That’s not fair.”

Adam stopped by in the afternoon. A few days earlier he had gotten some baby back ribs at BJs and left them here (I’d actually been wondering where they came from because Paul doesn’t usually get stuff like that). Yesterday he left two more and wanted to know if we could have them for supper. I’d been planning on BLTs but could deal with ribs. They were sooooo good! The only problem is that we could have used two or three more packages. Oh well, they went well with salad and then we had the currant/blueberry creation I’d made the other day for dessert.

I’ve been having fun reading my journals and looking at pictures for the birthday stories I’ve been posting on my other blog. I’m a bit disgusted with the amount of pictures I have for Amena. I’m also a bit disgusted with the fact that I stayed with Dan for so long. Good grief. After everything he did, he now has the audacity to say he’s having a hard time forgiving me. I’d like to know what on earth I ever did to him that could compare to his actions. I know what the problem is, though, he believes I did a lot of things that I didn’t. Lyn actually had an affair while married to him. I knew he had an attitude about women but I didn’t know that that was a factor until within the last year. Just because she did that does not mean that all women do. Just because he’s a jerk does not mean that all men are. Ah, such is life. I can be grateful that that is behind me.

Today is a blank slate thus far. If it’s hot, we’ll be going swimming this afternoon. If it’s not, we’ll do something else. I think we’ll be doing something else because it’s only supposed to get up to the low 70’s today and Laura currently thinks she’s freezing. She had to put a sweatshirt on.

I am at a loss for words. Actually, I’m not really, but there isn’t anything I feel like saying and I don’t really feel like sitting here. Therefore, I will be off. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

PS The link to Amena's Birthday story which is followed by Daniel's Birthday story which I actually posted yesterday (I had Amena's ready yesterday but wanted to wait until today to post it): http://mywindingroadtomidwifery.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment