Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good afternoon!

The clock says it is 12:54. I was going to wind it when we got home from church but I was busy getting everything ready to eat and rather forgot. I think it will have to wait a little longer.
Yesterday wasn’t a terribly exciting day. Fred and George are doing well. I do like taking them to Goldilocks every four hours or so in order that they may eat rather than having them with her all the time. It is a lot easier than bottle feeding and I think weaning won’t be that difficult this way. They’re getting to the frolicking stage which is very cute. At church today we had an offer to buy one of them when they are big enough to eat (please don’t tell the boys—Seth and Joseph would be devastated) for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100. That sounds good to me. Especially if I can keep the heart and liver.
Last night for supper we had some kind of an Indian dish and green salad. Before bed, I cooked up some coffee ice-cream and some ginger ice-cream and made a potato salad for today and cooked some Italian sausage also for today. This morning, I sliced the sausage and put it in the crock pot with red peppers (I really like frozen peppers because they’re so easy to peel) and onions and spaghetti sauce poured over all. After church all I had to do is cook the spaghetti noodles and we were ready to eat. I like easy after church since it’s already past regular lunch time and this was.
Adam showed up just as we were sitting down to eat. Noone was sure if he was planning on coming so we thought maybe we were going to be without anyone extra since Nick didn’t come over. I don’t mind. Last night he showed up just as we were having dessert. Paul had gotten a Boston cream pie a few days ago and we were waiting for a supper with no extras because it really wasn’t large enough for any. It really was rather small just for us. So, we were finishing up and Paul said, “Tonight might be a good night for that dessert.” I got it out and saucers and Paul had it cut up and the door opened. It wasn’t too bad, though, because he had two cartons of ice-cream with him.
Currently, Paul is emailing people and I am composing this. Laura just went out to put the chain on Cedric’s bicycle and Adam is tickling Cedric. Joseph is drawing and Joanna is napping. Amena and Seth are out with the kids. I am thinking that a nap sounds really good although some of the plants need to be watered. We are supposed to possibly have some rain later today. I hope we do. Weather.com says that we have a 100% change of precipitation at 9:00 this evening. I wouldn’t mind if it started right now.
AD, what do you do with blueberry sauce? I’m thinking it might be good for ice-cream or pancakes? We have some currants and blueberries I want to make a tart with. Paul sent me about 10 recipes for currants and that is the one I’d like to start with.
Mom, I’m glad you got a new keyboard. Someone at church told me today that her computer isn’t working and I just wondered what I would do with no computer. It isn’t that I need it right now but come September I will. I wonder how dependent on technology I really am.
Grandma, hummus is good, isn’t it? The garbanzos I used to make what I did I’d had since we were in Idaho. I guess it was time to use them. The only problem is that now I’ll have to buy some when I want to make it again.
Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Love you all,
Pam, aka SP, aka Mom, et. al.

No comments:

Post a Comment