Tuesday, January 7, 2014

535 Word Day

Good morning! It is a bit dark out yet but it looks like it should be a pretty day. And that in spite of the fact that it is currently only 5° and our expected high is 11°. It is quite windy out as well and according to weather.com, it feels like -14°. I haven’t spent any appreciable time outside yet so I can’t confirm that but it is cooler in the house than it was yesterday morning.
My neck was feeling like I did something to it and I couldn’t think of what. I just remembered my little crash and burn yesterday morning on the ice. Oh yeah, that’s what did it. Although we did get some snow yesterday (just enough to make everything white) it didn’t last and what snow we already had pretty much was washed away by the warm temperatures we had yesterday (I think we got up to 56°) and all the rain. It felt more like spring yesterday than winter but we are definitely back to winter this day. At least there isn’t any ice for me to slip on today.
Yesterday was a fairly uneventful day. I went out and about with Joanna and Zak. Joanna wanted me to cash the birthday checks for Amena and Cedric that she gave them money for so they could go shopping. I also had one from Laura that I already spent on postage. Speaking of such things, have you sent anything recently via USPS? It isn’t cheap. Anyway, I also wanted to go to Walmart and get The Hobbit because I haven’t seen the first part of it but we didn’t see it anywhere. Joanna also needed to get her blood drawn.
I did get some sewing done. I’m working on something I plan on giving to Paul for his birthday. Other than that, a bit of laundry and changing sheets is about all I accomplished. Pretty exciting. Well, I did a book report for the doula program as well and I started reading a new book. I actually was reading the book I just started for the toLabor doula certification but sort of gave up on it at some point in time. I like having to complete a book report rather than just report that the book has been read.
Up for today? Not entirely sure. I’m not sure if Paul is going to go to work or work from home. If he works from home I might go to Diane Alexander’s. If he does not work from home, I won’t be going anywhere. This evening we do not have the missionaries for supper because the West’s signed up for tonight. That’s okay because this evening I have a scout meeting to go to at the school. I can probably get a ride to it with the Foley’s because they just live down the street. Hopefully the truck is fixed, or will be soon. Only having one vehicle operational is really not that great.
And someone got a crumb under my right ‘shift’ key which is rather annoying since every other time I want to use it, it doesn’t work. Grrrrrrrr. . . . . .

Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment