Saturday, January 11, 2014

Short

Good morning! It is 45° warm and rainy outside. Inside it is warm with the sounds of boys playing with Legos in the living room. Paul is on his way to talk to Ray about the truck and the Jetta. Amena is upstairs. I am sitting at the table.
Amena got two gift cards for her birthday and one for Christmas. They are all for places at the mall in Leominster. If we have enough time, she’d like to go today. I am not opposed to that. One of the gift cards is for Joann’s and I kind of have to be there because it’s for one trip to Joann’s. Anyway, Paul asked me if I want to go with her just a few minutes ago. I said, yes. I’d like to be there to see what she’s getting. He said if she got anything she couldn’t have, we can just take it away from her which could be a responsibility-learning thing. Well, yeah, it could. However, I really don’t like the idea of a 14-year-old girl walking around the mall alone. I don’t care if it’s just Leominster. What kind of a parent would do a thing like that? Mind you, I’m not criticizing Paul in this; his parents certainly weren’t stellar and he was off riding his bike miles away from where he lived when he was 10 and his mother had no idea where he was. Maybe other parents would let their 14-year-old child go to the mall alone but I think it’s asking for trouble and I am not going to do it. Not happening.
In other news, I cut fifty pounds of soap yesterday and did a little laundry. I also made two lemon/lime pies. Amena, Cedric, Seth, and Joseph went to school and came home. Jessica was out with Ryan attempting to get some things straightened out for school. Joanna had work. Paul had work.
For supper everyone had leftover cheddar chowder except me and Paul because we went to the Soul food restaurant. I kind of wish I hadn’t eaten anything because I felt awful afterward. Oh, well. I told Paul he should pick since it was closest to his birthday. I’ll pick next week and I think we’ll go to Korean.
And that is yesterday in a nutshell.
As soon as I’m done here, I’m going to get a shower done and out of the way and then work on invitations and the program for New Beginnings. Hopefully Amena and I will be going shopping. If not, we will go next Saturday.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment