Thursday, January 9, 2014

Just Another Day

Good morning! Joanna needs a ride to work at 7:20 so the boys have got to be about ready to go when we leave so I know they won’t miss the bus. It’s another cold one out today; 9° that feels like -2° with an expected high of 26°. A good day not to miss the bus; a good day to wait until it’s almost there before going out; a good day to wait to feed the goats until I get back from taking Joanna to work.
Last night Joanna put a load of clothes on to wash because she needed some for work. Amena had a little fit because the jeans and hoodie she had on hadn’t gotten washed last time and needed to be washed this time. I went to bed because it was 10:00; Joanna was going to wait up until the clothes were done washing and put them in the drier. Amena got some bug in her bonnet that her jeans and hoodie HAD to be washed right away so as soon as the load Joanna put in was done, she put her jeans and hoodie in and started the load again. And got on my computer and wouldn’t get off. Joanna sent me a text and after the second one I went down to see what was going on. Amena had in the meantime stopped the washing machine. We have a front loader; you don’t just stop it. She turned the knob to ‘off’ and opened it after waiting for it to unlock and actually was putting the clothes into the drier. Really? They were dripping wet. Not just damp; they were dripping. I sent her to bed and put the clothes back in the washing machine and put it on to spin and had to wipe out the drier and mop up the floor. Amena certainly isn’t a bad child but she sure gets some strange ideas in her head. I guess it never occurred to her that sopping wet clothes might take all night to dry. Joanna was just incredulous that she hadn’t waited for another load of laundry to put the jeans and hoodie in—it isn’t like we don’t have other laundry. She didn’t even wear those jeans today; I didn’t notice the hoodie.
Yesterday morning and early afternoon I got my sewing project done. Now I can move on to some other things that I want to get done which will be fun. I’d love to say more about what I did but I can’t yet. I probably should have taken pictures but didn’t yet and everything is all wrapped up for Sunday.
Yesterday afternoon Joseph had to miss scouts because we didn’t have an operational vehicle in which to go. Hopefully he can make it up at home in the next day or two or so. Jessica, Amena, Cedric, Seth and I left as soon as Paul got home which got Seth dropped off for scouts early and got us to church before anyone else. Jeremy West and I talked briefly about where we think we are, where we want to go, and how to accomplish it. I really like that we have a lot of similar thoughts and ideas about how things need to be done. I like that he recognizes the need for scouting to be a stronger component for our boys and young men. I also like that they are going to at least going to have something for the 11-year-old scouts which they don’t currently.
We only had four young women there last night. I went prepared to talk about Personal Progress, to plan the upcoming New Beginnings, and to watch a movie. We took two bags of chips and Alicia Willard took two bags of candy for the possible movie. We ended up planning for New Beginnings and then coming up with ideas for activities for the coming year. We got lots of really good ideas; we’ve got some really thoughtful and insightful girls. When I got home, I had an idea for the theme for New Beginnings from someone who wasn’t able to be there so today my goal is to get it all arranged and organized so that invitations can be sent out and we’ll know what we need yet to do in order to be fully ready on the 19th.
Right now I need to go supervise the boys. If Cedric’s lunch was in a bag, if Seth and Joseph had shoes on, if lunches were in backpacks, they would be ready except for jackets. I can deal with that level of readiness when I leave to take Joanna to work.
Well, it is now 7:48. The boys are off and Joanna is delivered. We had to wait a few minutes for the manager to get there and unlock which was fun. It’s so cold.

The goats are letting me know that they want their breakfast. I do, too. So, I guess it’s time to be off. Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment