Friday, January 10, 2014

This is one of those days I don't feel like coming up with a title.

Good morning! It snowed during the night. Not much, really; just enough to give everything a coat of white. I don’t remember seeing snow in the forecast anywhere so I wonder where it came from (other than the sky). Our high for today is supposed to be 34° and snow is definitely in the forecast now. Not much, but I’ll take what I can get. Tomorrow we are supposed to have a high of 52° and a 100% chance of rain. I thought we were in the middle of winter?
It is half an hour later and the boys are all finally outside waiting for the bus that is usually here by now. Seth did his math homework but did not put it in his folder last night and we couldn’t find it anywhere. It really is a simple thing to put something like that away but so often it just doesn’t happen.
Yesterday was a quiet day at times. Jessica was out with Ryan much of the morning and part of the afternoon. Joanna was at work until Zak brought her home and then they left again. I got a bit of reading done and I ordered some soap stuff as well as some yarn. I didn’t really need it but I did need a new cable because mine broke and of course I had to get up to the amount to qualify for free shipping. About every ten orders, the money saved on shipping equals another order.
While I was eating lunch, I watched the first episode of the first season of Breaking Bad. I like it but not nearly as much as The Walking Dead. I’m glad the kids don’t like it because just in the first episode there’s a lot (all things being relative) of nudity and sex. I won’t be watching it when they are home, that’s for sure.
Last night when I went to bed Paul did, too. He would have gone in his office to see what there was to see on the computer (his laptop is too slow and freezes up a lot—I know it’s his laptop and not just the internet downstairs because I don’t have the same problem sitting at the same table) but we didn’t know if Jessica was awake or asleep (she was awake, we heard her talking on the phone later). He asked why I was going to bed so early; was I getting up at 2:00? Well, it wasn’t all that early to begin with, 10:00. And, no, I wasn’t planning on getting up at 2:00 but I do get up at 5:00 to make sure Amena is awake and getting up so she won’t miss the bus and Cedric likes to get up early as well. He actually requested that I dump water on him if I didn’t see him get out of bed when I went into wake him up.
However, at 2:00 in the morning, I did wake up. I had some of the worst gas rumbling around in my intestines that I’ve ever had and wondered if I’d be able to get back to sleep. I was and I decided that it’s time, once again, to take control of my diet and stop eating so much crap. It’s all too easy to eat when it’s everywhere in the house. I also need to drink more water, if you can imagine such a thing. It’s somewhat amazing how easy it is to stop doing something like drinking enough water and eating well to not. Human nature, I guess. Annoying all the same.
So far today, I had my rolled oats with ½ apple, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon molasses, ¼ cup milk. And I’m on schedule for water consumption. So far, so good.
Up for today is—life-like stuff. I need to call the chiropractor. I need to read. I need to cut soap. I need to do a little laundry which means folding two loads because there really isn’t much to wash at the moment. Unless I go searching for the dirty stuff which I might do at some point in time.
I’ve been reading The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger. It is full of little tidbits although so far what I’ve read is mostly review. I’m not complaining, review helps to keep it fresh and that is a good thing. It is interesting to note that about asthma she has this to say: “Severe and prolonged asthma attacks are more likely to harm the baby than the drugs that are used to control asthma.” Imagine that. I remember my asthma being the worst, at least until I had the acupressure treatment by Grandma’s friend Laura, when I was pregnant with Joanna. That is when Dan just about had an apoplectic fit when he found out I not only was in possession but dared to use an inhaler. From what I’ve learned since, untreated asthma can have severe effects on the baby. I’d like to take someone’s bronchial tubes and give them a good dose of inflammation.

Well, have a terrifical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment